Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Feature req—option to change "Save as playlist" default type (Read 2347 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature req—option to change "Save as playlist" default type

Since I have to maintain compatibility with other applications, I always use m3u as my default when saving playlists. It's tedious to always have to change the "Save As" dialog from FPL to M3U. Please add a Preferences Option that allows would people to change the default "Save As Playlist" type.  I don't mind having FPL as the default, but it would be nice if there was a Preferences Option that would allow people to change the default.
Thanks.

Reply #1
I second that.

Reply #2
I agree!

Reply #3
i don't if this will help or not but if you hold down shift before clicking on File, you get an option Save all playlists...

it still defaults to fpl but you can change it to m3u and save all your playlists at once. this at least saves you having to do them one by one.

Reply #4
The point is that you always have to change the file type from .fpl to .m3u, regardless whether you save a single playlist or all.

Reply #5
Push (;

Reply #6
indeed, would be nice to have an option to choose the default playlist extension.

Reply #7
I agree, this feature should be an option, i also have to use m3u for compatability with other players and hardware and must have changed it to m3u a thousand times

at least get it to remember the last setting