Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Hands-off control with WH-1000XM3 is problematic only in foobar2000 (Read 932 times) previous topic - next topic

Hands-off control with WH-1000XM3 is problematic only in foobar2000

Hi -

I use WH-1000XM3 with foobar2000 on Windows 10, and whenever I try to forward/rewind tracks using touch controls, foobar skips or rewinds 2 songs instead of one, and this two-song skipping is inconsistent a lot of times, too.

I tried the same controls with windows media player and this problem doesn't happen. Can this bug be fixed? Or is there a plugin that can help?

Thanks!

Re: Hands-off control with WH-1000XM3 is problematic only in foobar2000

Reply #1
Do the headphone's other touch sensors (play / pause, volume up / volume down) work as intended in foobar?
Neither an audiophile, nor album snob. Why do ratings threads always have someone saying they don't believe in rating music?
Record Label Icons: 600x600 pngs appropriate for any color background:
freeimage.host/johnbuck/?list=images&sort=name_asc&page=1

Reply #2
Do the headphone's other touch sensors (play / pause, volume up / volume down) work as intended in foobar?

I don't know. I only have WH-1000XM3. This problem only happens in foobar2000. I turned off enhanced control and it helped, but I want to be able to control my music when playing games, too.

Reply #3
Bluetooth?

I use WH-1000XM3 with foobar2000 on Windows 10/11 (foobar2000 v1.6.10/v1.6.11 beta 2).
Output: Headphone (WH-1000XM3).
My WH-1000XM3 no problem.
Other wireless headphones are no problem too.
(SONY h.ear(MDR-100ABN), SONY WH-CH700N, SONY MDR-1ABT)

Please set again with "Headphones Connect".
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)