Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Yet another library viewer selection playlist thread (Read 2726 times) previous topic - next topic

Yet another library viewer selection playlist thread

Hi,

I've been using Foobar for years and have recently bought a new computer where I'm on Windows 7 for the first time. I can't manage to play tracks on my new install of Foobar there. I double-click on a track and it won't play and the message in the status bar says "Playback stopped". Also, when I open a folder, no tracks show in "Default" playlist tab.

Reply #1
I double-click on a track and it won't play and the message in the status bar says "Playback stopped".

Try this:

File > Preferences > Shell Integration

If there is a check mark next to Set "Enqueue" as the default action, uncheck it. With this option checked, double-clicking on a file will load the file into your playlist, but it won't actually play the file (hence the word "enqueue"). Removing this checkmark will play the file upon double-clicking.

Also, you may want to check to see if your music files are currently associated with Foobar.

In the same screen, there should be a link that says Manage file type associations. Clicking on this link will bring up box with all the file types that can be associated with Foobar. You should also see a option for Select All with a check box next to it. Check it and then click Save.

Reply #2
Thank you. Set "Enqueue" as the default action was unchecked. None of the filetypes were associated, so I checked "Select All". Music is still not playing and it still says "Playback stopped".

Reply #3
Ah ok, I got it. I went in "Media Library". And under "Library viewer selection playlist", I checked "Enabled". And now the tracks show in the playlist tab, and double-clicking the tracks there works to play them.