Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_lastfm_radio (Read 338791 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #501
great plugin!!! thank you all for the tricks! 
for those who have one of error message from the console:
[blockquote]Could not read info (Forbidden (403)) from: "FOO_LASTFM_RADIO://play.last.fm/user/
Decoding failure at 0:00.000 (Unsupported format or corrupted file):"FOO_LASTFM_RADIO:...://play.last.fm/user/[/blockquote]
here the solution (thank you marc2003):
[blockquote]file>preferences>advanced>networking. uncheck "allow seeking over http".[/blockquote]
)

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #503
Can I disable "seeking over HTTP" only for lastfm servers and keep seeking for others (like vk.com) enabled?

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #504
I can listen, but songs isnt scrooble... Why this is hapening?

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #506
Hi,can you please share the source code?
Thank you.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #507
I just downloaded this component .5.7.e and whenever I click on a link in my foobar to play like "Dru Hill Station" it opens it up in the Last.FM program it plays fine but shouldn't it be playing through foobar?

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #508
I just downloaded this component .5.7.e and whenever I click on a link in my foobar to play like "Dru Hill Station" it opens it up in the Last.FM program it plays fine but shouldn't it be playing through foobar?

what do you mean by "click on a link" you mean when you open a custom station (file-open last.fm radio station) I just did it with last.fm's official scrobbler and it plays fine, why do you use last.fm's program anyway?

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #509

what do you mean by "click on a link" you mean when you open a custom station (file-open last.fm radio station) I just did it with last.fm's official scrobbler and it plays fine, why do you use last.fm's program anyway?

I mean I have in my foobar a panel that shows my last 7 days played artist and a PLAY picture next to them and when I click on the PLAY it opens the radio station in the Last.FM program NOT in foobar. Also I thought I have to have Last.FM's program installed to scrobble my plays? If I uninstall the Last.FM software what would I need to run to scrobble my plays?

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #511
@stealthx, make sure foobar is set as the default handler for the LASTFM:// protocol. check under file>preferences>shell integration.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #512
@stealthx, make sure foobar is set as the default handler for the LASTFM:// protocol. check under file>preferences>shell integration.

Yeah I had to change a few things this being one of them I couldn't figure out where to find it but I finally did and it seems to be working good now. Is there a way to make it not create a new playlist every time I play a new radio station? Or a way to not create / save a playlist at all?

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #514
In March 2009 we released a fully documented and supported radio API. At the time we said that we were going to turn off the old, undocumented and unsupported API within "weeks". For a number of reasons weeks turned into years but we have now seen the vast majority of our radio traffic move off the old API onto the new one. Due to the complexity and costs of supporting multiple versions of the API we have decided that the costs of maintaining the old API now outweigh the benefits of keeping it around for a minority of users and therefore we plan to turn if off on December 1 2012. This means that any old applications or libraries still using the previous API will no longer be able to stream radio from Last.fm unless they are updated to use the new API. Please note that only subscribers are allowed to stream radio via the API - we need the money to cover the associated royalty costs.

More information on the radio API is here:

http://www.last.fm/api/radio

We are trying to contact the developers of applications directly but many of these applications are also old and unsupported and don't properly identify themselves when calling our API so it's not easy to track them all down. If anyone has any questions or comments or needs more information, let us know.

http://www.last.fm/group/Last.fm+Web+Servi...21604/_/2193354

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #515
marc2003
last.fm if the administration will do this, will the ability to add your favorite tracks by pressing the heart in the playlist (Play Count) ?
last.fm | bulletproof2k

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #516
that's completely unreleated and should still work. my scripts use foo_softplaylists to "love" tracks and that's a different API.

foo_lastfm_radio is for streaming music in foobar. my last.fm charts/similar artist scripts that can launch it will have the butttons removed shortly to avoid confusion.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #517
Ok Thx 
last.fm | bulletproof2k

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #518
Here's what I just found about last.fm radio: ''we have decided that the costs of maintaining the old API now outweigh the benefits of keeping it around for a minority of users and therefore we plan to turn if off on December 1 2012. This means that any old applications or libraries still using the previous API will no longer be able to stream radio from Last.fm unless they are updated to use the new API. Please note that only subscribers are allowed to stream radio via the API - we need the money to cover the associated royalty costs. We are trying to contact the developers of applications directly but many of these applications are also old and unsupported and don't properly identify themselves when calling our API so it's not easy to track them all down. If anyone has any questions or comments or needs more information, let us know.''

More information on the radio API is here:
http://www.last.fm/group/Last.fm+Web+Servi...21604/_/2193354
http://www.last.fm/api/radio

I hope you will update foo_lastfm_radio plugin.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #519
^that announcement is just a few posts up.

also the developer says this in the opening post of the thread:

Regarding the future of this component
The component is still using the old Last.fm Radio API, which was due to be discontinued over half a year ago, and is therefore running on borrowed time. When the new radio API was released I went some way to updating, but hit some problems and then didn't have the time.

However the new radio API requires users to be subscribers in order to listen, and as I expect the continuing popularity of foo_lastfm_radio stems from the fact that you don't need to subscribe, it is unlikely that I'll update to the new API any time soon. This means that if and when the old radio API is deactivated, it will be RIP foo_lastfm_radio.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #520
I'll miss this component ... 
last.fm | bulletproof2k

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #521
Hope this is the proper forum section for this.
I've been using Foobar for a few months now listening to last.fm.
This morning I went to file... open last.fm.... open a custom station... typed in an artist... and got the following error message...

Error retrieving Last.fm radio playlist: Please check your username, password, or Internet connection.

I tried to just click on a previously loaded station from the library tabs and got the same message.

I checked my username/password.    My password appeared in the foobar window as five digits.  My password is six.  I entered my six digit pass and still got the same error message.  Checked back to the files ... preferences... tools.. last.fm.... window of Foobar and my pass again was displayed as five digits.  I'm assuming this is some default and not a problem?

I went to last.fm site and logged out and in to be certain that the username and pass were valid/current. They were.

I went back to Foobar and entered them again to no avail.  Same error message.

Any help?

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #522
Hope this is the proper forum section for this.
I've been using Foobar for a few months now listening to last.fm.
This morning I went to file... open last.fm.... open a custom station... typed in an artist... and got the following error message...

Error retrieving Last.fm radio playlist: Please check your username, password, or Internet connection.

I tried to just click on a previously loaded station from the library tabs and got the same message.

I checked my username/password.    My password appeared in the foobar window as five digits.  My password is six.  I entered my six digit pass and still got the same error message.  Checked back to the files ... preferences... tools.. last.fm.... window of Foobar and my pass again was displayed as five digits.  I'm assuming this is some default and not a problem?

I went to last.fm site and logged out and in to be certain that the username and pass were valid/current. They were.

I went back to Foobar and entered them again to no avail.  Same error message.

Any help?
Post #519
last.fm | bulletproof2k

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #523
Regarding the future of this component
The component is still using the old Last.fm Radio API, which was due to be discontinued over half a year ago, and is therefore running on borrowed time. When the new radio API was released I went some way to updating, but hit some problems and then didn't have the time.

However the new radio API requires users to be subscribers in order to listen, and as I expect the continuing popularity of foo_lastfm_radio stems from the fact that you don't need to subscribe, it is unlikely that I'll update to the new API any time soon. This means that if and when the old radio API is deactivated, it will be RIP foo_lastfm_radio.

Well, pitty.. (;

I am a Last.fm subscriber and I love listening to their streams using foobar2000, mostly because of its ASIO support.

So is there anything that could change your mind, please? I believe there can even be found many of those willing to send a little money to support this plugin - I know I would..

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #524
Shame about the plugin.  Is there any chance of making this open source, so that if any able coder want to add functionality they could.  As for subscribing it shouldn't be too hard just add a web link or text at the top of the plugin page, and people will create accounts.  Please consider this.  Anyway thank you for your truly great addon.