Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Multiple Hard Drives Using Foobar 2000 music player (Read 1409 times) previous topic - next topic

Multiple Hard Drives Using Foobar 2000 music player

FOOBAR 2000. Hi and maybe someone can answer me this question. I am using one 2 TB hard drive in my computer that is solely dedicated to music and photos. My player of choice is Foobar 2000. Trouble is that my music/photo drive is almost full, with less than 200gb of storage space left . My question. Is it possible to use more than one hard drive with Foobar2000? Say for instance my present music drive is F:/ and I install a new drive say G:/ Will Foobar  be able to recognize and play from both drives? Even in a shuffle tracks mode? I would rather not install a bigger 3 or 4 TB hard drive. And yes I do back up and have a separate 2TB drive in a fireproof safe. And if anything I would rather just install a new 1TB drive as my 2nd music/photo drive... And buy a 2nd 1TB drive for my latest back up drive. Thanks if anyone could answer me this question.   

Re: Multiple Hard Drives Using Foobar 2000 music player

Reply #2
Thanks so much for your quick reply... Saves me the worry of putting in a new bigger drive and messing everything up... So I take it I will just put in the new drive and add it to my library... And then Foobar will pick up my main F:/ drive as well as the new (say) G:/ drive... and a 2 new 1TB drives are certainly cheaper than a 3 or 4TB drive plus another 1TB back up... Plus now less worry about loosing one big drive... Though again I always back up... Thanks again and I will try this soon. Michael. 

Reply #3
Even if your software somehow only supported one drive, windows will let you mount one drive inside a folder on another drive, so you could have both drives be in F:\.

Reply #4
Thanks so much for this info.