Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: lack of compression (Read 7398 times) previous topic - next topic

lack of compression

experiment:

track: Biosphere - Disparu

flac -8 bitrate: 267kbps

vorbis aoTuVb5.7 q8(~256kbps) bitrate: 208kbps
nero aac q0.66(~250kbps) bitrate: 75kbps

vorbis aoTuVb5.7 q9.4(~392kbps) bitrate: 347kbps
nero aac q0.97(~400kbps) bitrate: 91kbps

lack of compression

Reply #1
I ... really don't understand what that means.  What are you trying to accomplish that produces the above files?

Edit:  On further reflection, I think I get it.  Adding file sizes to the above results will probably be extremely helpful.  I suspect you aren't reporting average bitrate for the produced files.

lack of compression

Reply #2
is the average bitrate

I do not know how it is called. but should be more compressed than cut. (m.b lossless part. i don't know  )

lack of compression

Reply #3
Do you have file sizes for each file?  Also, how long is the track?

lack of compression

Reply #4
146 seconds

lack of compression

Reply #5
If you are asking if there are situations in which lossy compression can be less efficient than lossless compression, then the answer is yes.

lack of compression

Reply #6
Given that several media player programs exist that mis-report average bitrates, I think no further insight can be had until we have the files' sizes.

lack of compression

Reply #7
foobar2000. I have already deleted the files and their sizes can not lead.
the average bitrate is correct.

You can calculate it by multiplying on the seconds 

lack of compression

Reply #8
Those are indeed very strange bitrates. What kind of music/sound is it? Can describe the sound? Maybe you can upload a small part of it (<30seconds).

lack of compression

Reply #9
I noticed that some good lossless codecs compress files with low volume. This track is one of them.
file (20 sec.)

in lossless vbr because of the heterogeneity of data. in lossy seems that vbr is due only to the use of different cuttings. vorbis bitrate always aligns to the average of the selected level of compression, regardless of the track itself (excluding silence). so I wanted to mention and that is as correct 

lack of compression

Reply #10
but in the practical application of aac always sounds like it dry