Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Proxy setting doesn't seem to cover all functions (Read 287 times) previous topic - next topic

Proxy setting doesn't seem to cover all functions

When I listen to some internet radios using m3u8 url, I discovered that foobar's proxy settings is a bit scuffed (that or I don't know how to tweak yet)
What I can confirm: Proxy settings cannot overwrite the connection for components, and neither does the built-in scrapper(is it also a component? not sure)
Here's an image indicating what does not apply the proxy setting:

(Don't know why but the image seems blurry in the post, right click on the image and open in new window might help)
On the left side is the software with proxy settings on, the radio connection went through and I am able to listen, however, everything else doesn't connect.

On the right side is me proxified the router, and then all the functions behave normal now, including the radio art, now-playing music tittle, artist info(strangely album info didn't pick up, don't know why), and also a biography component that I installed.
Edit: I think title/artist info and radio art are collected from the radio website rather than the tagger, but why the music went through but not the info?

My question is: Is there an option for it that I'm missing? If not yet, could you consider adding the option of a global proxy setting for the app?

Re: Proxy setting doesn't seem to cover all functions

Reply #1
The proxy settings within fb2k only apply to the core player and 3rd party components that utilise that functionality from the SDK. Many do but some do not.

The bio script (and any other script for SMP) will be using Internet Explorer for internet access so you'd need to check internet options in control panel to configure any custom proxy.

Re: Proxy setting doesn't seem to cover all functions

Reply #2
The proxy settings within fb2k only apply to the core player and 3rd party components that utilise that functionality from the SDK. Many do but some do not.

The bio script (and any other script for SMP) will be using Internet Explorer for internet access so you'd need to check internet options in control panel to configure any custom proxy.

Thank you but I ended up figuring it out myself, just need to head to the advanced settings, search for "proxy", and in the results, turn on "Force HTTP CONNECT with proxy servers", then everything turns out good now.