Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: managing music archive multi-platform (Read 2172 times) previous topic - next topic

managing music archive multi-platform

hello everyone
i store my music  both in flac and mp3. today i format my ext hdd into ntfs and have few questions;
i use both mac and windows and i want to be able to manage it in both opt systems.
1 - i use foobar portable so i can bring my playlists with me as for mac i dont know what to use any recommendations on
which format fat32 ntfs to use and a portable music app for mac that i can install
2 - people accidently moves my albums while they try to copy the album to themselves, so what should i do
to make just collection folder read only and also should work for multi opt systems( and also hate thumbs.db and ds-store files)

im bit crazy sorry about that 

thank you

managing music archive multi-platform

Reply #1
fat32 is much compatible than NTFS in general, and in mac in particular.