Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TAK 2.3.0 (Read 138464 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: TAK 2.3.0

Reply #100
It does support multichannel audio, also decoder is multi-threaded and code is better and faster than reference one.
Only missing is TAK 1.X support.

Reply #101
IIRC ffmpeg is faster only because it's multithreaded. Single-threaded ffmpeg is about 2x slower than TAK

(about code quality... I thought that TAK is closed-cource?)

Reply #102
For other historical reasons i would have loved to publish my back-to-work release at April 1st. It was april fools day when i first posted about TAK (named YALAC then) and not many readers believed me. Nostalgia...
Got to pity the doubters. Not really... :)

TAK+CUE still used for all CD backups here, the best 16-bit 2-ch archival format (IMO). Yes, I'm admitting to collecting discs still. Maybe it's lossless audio paranoia that I don't bother with purchasing music online whether it's lossy or otherwise. Maybe someday but even then there's still too many indie/private CD's where finding a second copy is nearly impossible.

Good to see your posts, Thomas! Looking forward to running another speed comparison in the nest version. :)
"Something bothering you, Mister Spock?"

Reply #103
IIRC ffmpeg is faster only because it's multithreaded. Single-threaded ffmpeg is about 2x slower than TAK

(about code quality... I thought that TAK is closed-cource?)

How you calculated that numbers, i think that -t parameter does not decode at all, it just check CRC of every frame.

Reply #104
No. -t does anything -d does except writing the result to the disk.

Reply #105
So, are there any news about development and new release?
“We are not stuff that abides, but patterns that perpetuate themselves.” – Norbert Wiener