Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_shpeck (Read 726293 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #75
interesting.

i would like to uninstall winamp. what folders exactly are needed?

you need only plugins dir (well you need only specific files from it but if youre not sure then just copy whole dir) and maybe one key in registry for spcheck to find "winamp install directory"

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #76
shpeck wouldn't detect the MilkDrop plugin unless directed to the entire WinAmp directory, which i copied to the Foobar directory.

anyone know of a better way?

Moderation:Removed unnecessary full quote of the preceding post.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #77
Sure. Shpeck doesn't "detect" anything. You choose one directory (called "Winamp directory", but that's not too important), in which resides a subdirectory called "Plugins", containing the real plugins' DLL files. No registry entries are checked, nothing else needs to be anywhere (like fake winamp.exe to fool the plugin installers).

So why didn't I make it so that you choose only the "Plugins" subdirectory directly?
As a matter of fact, it was like that in a few first versions, but I changed it, because I needed to derive more paths from the base directory for emulating Winamp functions, which some plugins (might?) need. Those are things like location of shared "winamp.ini", the "winamp base dir" itself or "current skin dir" (hardcoded to "%winamp%\Skins\Winamp Modern", fyi).

Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #78
I'm trying to put a panel (with some buttons etc in it) on top of the shpeck panel but they get overwritten by shpeck every second or so.

The wmpvis component handles this situation OK.

Is this something you could/would be able to do something about?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #79
I'm trying to put a panel (with some buttons etc in it) on top of the shpeck panel but they get overwritten by shpeck every second or so.
Unfortunately, I have no idea what are you talking about. What kind of "panel"? Does it deal with panels UI? And how overwritten? Like the visualisation is drawn over the element above it? More verbose description, maybe a screenshot, anything will do.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #80
Sure - I'm running panels ui and drawing a large panel with shpeck in it over the whole foobar window. I'm then drawing a track display panel over the bottom of the main(shpeck)  panel with some buttons and track display info in it.

The second panel with buttons etc. flashes on and disappears under the shpeck panel. Thinking about maybe this is more a panels-ui issue than a shpeck one - except that panels ui does handle other visulisations work OK in this way!

A screenshot shows only the shpeck panel!

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #81
OK I'm giving the panel version a go again. Any chance of making the 'title bar with buttons' transparent ON TOP of the visualization until mouse-over? Or is it possible to make the title bar more configurable, as in for putting more buttons(immediately launching other visualizations, for instance) on it, colors, etc.?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #82
Any chance of making the 'title bar with buttons' transparent ON TOP of the visualization until mouse-over?
Most likely it isn't, the real window content is drawn directly by the plugin, no external application (or wrapper) can modify it reliably.
Or is it possible to make the title bar more configurable, as in for putting more buttons(immediately launching other visualizations, for instance) on it, colors, etc.?
It is possible, though I don't fully understand the reason.
"Immediately launching other visualisations" - the Stupid Majority thinks you don't change your visualisation plugin every minute, afaik it's the same in the original Winamp itself. Why would you need that?
"Colors" - I was thinking about allowing users to choose font and color of the titlebar to fit more easily in existing configs, still I haven't made it configurable (yet?) because I didn't have time and because there were some things not easy to make customizable (e.g. the buttons are once created bitmap, with one color scheme). But I also thought the titlebar itself is not so important, because everybody would hide it asap anyway, as you can bind any suitable keys for its functions in "Preferences" or use plugin controls (like [space] for preset change in MilkDrops) when you give it keyboard focus.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #83
Wow, this plug is amazing.  Foobar always was a bit lacking in the visualization department, but you've filled the void nicely.  I now have no reason to use another music player, and I'd bet this plug combined with the new beta will convert many people to Foobar.  Well done.

On another note, I installed the latest version of Winamp with Milkdrop2 and AVS, but spheck only recognizes AVS.  Any ideas?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #84
On another note, I installed the latest version of Winamp with Milkdrop2 and AVS, but spheck only recognizes AVS.  Any ideas?
*click*
Or is it something different?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #85

Any chance of making the 'title bar with buttons' transparent ON TOP of the visualization until mouse-over?
Most likely it isn't, the real window content is drawn directly by the plugin, no external application (or wrapper) can modify it reliably.
Or is it possible to make the title bar more configurable, as in for putting more buttons(immediately launching other visualizations, for instance) on it, colors, etc.?
It is possible, though I don't fully understand the reason.
"Immediately launching other visualisations" - the Stupid Majority thinks you don't change your visualisation plugin every minute, afaik it's the same in the original Winamp itself. Why would you need that?

You're right of course, I don't change my plugin every minute, it would just be convenient to change the visualization being used in a panel(or cycle through them) without having to go into the preferences or use the title bar. I'm kinda anal about wasted space in my build, which is why I'd want to be able to add things to the title bar if I chose to use it. Being able to customize colors and fonts would be great!

I pretty much consider this an essential component now, so, again, thank you very much for it.:-D

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #87
Hi,

Thank you for this great component. That was one of the reason that made me switch to 0.9.5 and new Default UI.

The latest Milkdrop 2.0d from Winamp 5.52 isn't recognized anymore (Refresh list makes it disappear from the list of available plugins).

I hope you can fix this.

Greetings.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #88

@ vis inside a panel:
Sure. Waiting for update Foobar SDK release.

This is really strange what you are saying. 
Panels are part of columns ui, aren't they?  So you have to use this SDK? Sorry If my question is noobish.
For creating a ui element you will have to wait for the new Foobar SDK.

Ah, panel, UI element, component, so much new words to learn and distinguish... I meant an UI element inside 0.9.5+ default UI, of course.
The point is I have never used any non-standard UI in fb2k, so don't know anything about the columns UI's interface, for example. But if there's demand, I'll look at it.

first, congratulation for this nice vis components

2nd, i add a request for using it as a columnsUI/panelsUI panel, which are used most but not less than the defaultUI by the community

thanx by advance, and keep the good work

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #89
2nd, i add a request for using it as a columnsUI/panelsUI panel, which are used most but not less than the defaultUI by the community
Erm, have you finished reading the topic? I thought it's been working as a CUI panel since December 15.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #90
OOps, no sorry, i'm going to try this now !!!

thx

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #91
Can someone please post a working dl link to this plugin
I just like listening to music

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #93

Can someone please post a working dl link to this plugin

The links on post number 1 page 1 still work or are you talking about the milkdrop plugins?

The server didn't like my computer or something, worked when I used a proxy
edit: by the way, THANK you sooo much for this plugin, it's a godsend I tell you!
I just like listening to music

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #94
I cant find the plugins. I see the vis_*.dll in the directory and I can play them in winamp but foobar doesnt see them when I press refresh. I am using foobar 0.9.5, winamp 5.51 and shpeck 0.1.1. I have no other components than foobar default and shpeck.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #95
Copy the nscrt.dll file from the Winamp dir to your foobar2000 dir.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #96
I now copied the file. I still dont see any visualizations.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #97
Read that the newest version of MD2 doesn't work, and have you selected the correct dir(the one before plugins)?
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #98
lol, thx a lot.

for other noobs out there. the directory is /winamp _not_  /winamp/plugins

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #99
Just wanted to thank you for this plugin - it's amazing.  AVS and Foobar, match made in heaven!
Thanks again, you time is much appreciated!