Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: More possibilities in changing the playlist layout (Read 2896 times) previous topic - next topic

More possibilities in changing the playlist layout

First of all, I like the simplistic layout of the player. Clean and to the point. Good job, more software should be written like that.

I've been experimenting a bit with changing the layout of the playlist, though I've got a couple of questions (maybe future requests):

Adapting the playlist can be done using the color codes, yet I think it's impossible to make certain pieces of song entries in Bold, other parts of it in Italic and so on.

Thus you could have a song entry f.e.:

99. Therapy - Me Vs You 6:23

Second thing: I can't adjust the font color of the selected entries. It's a default brown/orange color. Is there a possibility to change it somehow?

Thanks in advance.

Reply #1
Did you copy the color codes you had created with the selection dialog and paste them into the playlist format template? Don't forget the appropriate empty color code where you want to reset to the default foreground color.

Reply #2
I have no problems adjusting the colors of the entries inside the playlist using the color codes.

It's just the fact that of the selected (highlighted) entries, the foreground color is adjusted by the program, depending on the original colors of the non-highlighted entries..

We're able to adjust the background color of the highlighted entries, but we can't adjust the foreground color of a highlighted entry.

Also, we're not able to make certain parts of entries in bold or italic, could be a nice effect sometimes, although definately not necessary.

If it's not possible to adjust these things separately, it's okay, I just thought I'd ask

Reply #3
Along the same lines, I'd like to be able to make the currently playing song bold.

Reply #4
Ah, yes. The selected text color is the inverse of the normal color. Perhaps instead it should be the inverse luminance, but the same hue and saturation, which requires conversion to and from HSB. Not a really heavy task, actually.