Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CD TOC storage in lossless files (Read 26615 times) previous topic - next topic

CD TOC storage in lossless files

Reply #25
I don't know enough about this myself, so I would like to hear others weigh in on skamp's criticisms. Once implemented I would really like to see this done right from the start.

Reply #26
Thinking out loud to preserve the CD Extra lead out, the lead out could be tacked on the end, so for the example I gave:

CDTOC=D+96+49F3+8A23+C240+10991+1491C+18F27+1DBD8+216CC+25C00+2ACA3+2F41F+33D59+382D4+44C3D

The track count would stay 13, not 14, so you would know the last track is a data. This would also allow AccurateRip IDs to be calculated for CD Extra from such a tag.

Reply #28
>I'd always specify the lead-out addy, even for non-enhanced discs.

It already is, for non cd extra, see 2nd example:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?p=76690#post76690

That just leaves those cds, where the data track comes first, such as playstation discs, I do not see how the data track length can be preserved in such a case.

Reply #29
The whole point of this post 7 months ago was to allow an official standard, didn't come so of course I had to do something on my own...dammed if you don't....dammed if you do?
Damned if you ignore other people's work, especially if your own falls short of solving the problems such a standard was supposed to solve in the first place.

>Discs with negative LBAs?

They do not exist, stored as raw LBA address + 150, so if you had a disc which started 1 second in, not 2 seconds, if there was a disc it would start as 75.
Not to nitpick, but LBA + 150 isn't an LBA. But I see your point: resulting values will always be positive.

>How are we supposed to handle discs with a data track as track 01?

I have yet to double check how Windows Media Player is storing, these discs are basically only Playstation CDs so I am not too concerned.
Grand Theft Auto and GTA: London 1969 aren't Playstation CDs. And those are just the ones I happen to own; IIRC, such discs weren't uncommon before CD-Extra became a standard (can't remember which of the rainbow books).

>The first track is 1, always is.
Nope, CDs such as the ones I referred to have a data track as track 01; the first audio track is numbered 02. Besides, if I'm not mistaken, the redbook standard states that track numbers must be sequential, between 01 and 99 inclusive, but doesn't require that they start from 01.

>how are we supposed to compute MusicBrainz DiscIDs?

Possible with the CDTOC tag, even for cd extra, as MB does not use the data track, see the CD Extra I gave an example for
Not possible without the first and last track numbers, unless you assume the first track is always numbered 01. With your CDTOC tag, I couldn't identify my GTA discs. (*) I doubt MB requires those values just for fun. And btw, you failed to mention that in order to compute a MB DiscID, you need to subtract 11,400 (150 + 2 seconds) from the data track LBA: that gives you the end of the last audio track, which is the "lead-out" value that MB expects.
You haven't covered the FreeDB issue either (lack of lead-out address).

(*) Edited.

Reply #30
I have added [data][audio] cds to the standard (as well as CD Extra as mentioned in my previous post).

Reply #31
I have added [data][audio] cds to the standard (as well as CD Extra as mentioned in my previous post).

Do you have a wiki or some other reference to this on your site rather than just the forums? Since it sounds like you wouldn't mind (or better yet encourage) other people to adopt this as well...

Reply #32
I have sticked the post and referenced the post in our version changes.