Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cool Edit Pro 2.0 + Vorbis (Read 9766 times) previous topic - next topic

Cool Edit Pro 2.0 + Vorbis

Is there a way to make CoolEdit Pro 2.0 open/save  ogg vorbis audio files? I downloaded a filter from http://www.inf.ufpr.br/~rja00/files/cool_ogg.zip
but I can't understand what exactly it does (I still can't open vorbis files).
Any suggestions?

Reply #1
Is there a way to make CoolEdit Pro 2.0 open/save  ogg vorbis audio files? I downloaded a filter from http://www.inf.ufpr.br/~rja00/files/cool_ogg.zip
but I can't understand what exactly it does (I still can't open vorbis files).
Any suggestions?

That filter works on my CoolEdit Pro 2

Go to File -> Open, Select "Ogg Vorbis (*.ogg)"  and load your vorbis file.

The process is similar when saving.

Reply #2
You did unzip the filter into your Cool Edit Pro 2.0 Directory?  If you did, then the above will work.

Reply #3
Hi rjamorim

I just install Cool Edit Pro 2, extracted the filter (cool_ogg.flt) into Cool Edit's directory and upon starting Cool Edit I get this errors:

"This application has failed to start because libmmd.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

and after clicking OK

"Error 126 Loading FLT File cool_ogg.flt"

Can you please help.
Thanks

Reply #4
"This application has failed to start because libmmd.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Damn ICL6!

libmmd.dll is a library required with some compiles.

You can get it here:
http://mitglied.lycos.de/darkav/svcdguide/svcd.html

(Hope DA doesn't mind that I link to his site... :-) )

Reply #5
Many thanks

By the way I had this file on my machine as I'm using HeadAC3e for my DVD movie soundtrack.

Thanks
Quin

Reply #6
I have copied the .flt file to cooledit pro 2.0 directory, I have copied also libmmd.dll, cooledit opens without errors, but in  the open file menu, there is no filetypr "Ogg vorbis (*.ogg) " and when I try to open one, it sees it as raw or unsupported format...

Reply #7
It now works ok! I had to delete wma2.flt and then coole edit "saw" ogg files. I recopied the wma2.flt and ogg is still "visible". What can I say...

Reply #8
It now works ok! I had to delete wma2.flt and then coole edit "saw" ogg files. I recopied the wma2.flt and ogg is still "visible". What can I say...

Weird behaviour...

On a related note: WMA IST DEATH even with CoolEdit filters...

(Come to think of it... must be a Microsoft plot against Vorbis!!!  )

Reply #9
Weird behaviour...

not at all, if CEP2 does behave like CEP1.2 - as far as i can tell it builds a filter index (flt.dat) and only re-scans the folder for new file filters if either flt.dat is deleted or one of the indexed filters is missing.
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.