Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [request] Lyrics Panel (Read 235497 times) previous topic - next topic

[request] Lyrics Panel

i cant believe that anybody didnt think about it yet!
lyrics panel!! absoultly needed!!!
it will be nice if it will have the option to search lyrics in lyrics internet databases and save them (to file or to file tag).
thanx for any developer who'll take it on himself!! 

edit: bluenet is currently working on a lyrics panel that works pretty good.
you can get the latest version here and read about it in this topic.

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #1
Sometimes that would be nice but in general I do not really need the lyrics.. if I do I just google 'songtitlegoeshere lyrics'...

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #2
Hello,
It would be fantastic, i really want see lyrics on a panel.

Fantastic idea.

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #4
is EvilLyrics a panel?

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #5
Minilyrics from www.minilyrics.com is very nice, however it's not free.

It's not panel and it displays lyrics as different window (support transparent skin).

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #6
is EvilLyrics a panel?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267911"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No but although a nice solution.

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #7
¿But doenst exists LyricShow component, it could have a panel?
Would be interesting.

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #8
Evillyrics is a nice solution indeed. I've been using it for quite a while now and I doubt that a plugin would reach its perfecion in the next time. So it would maybe be best to just integrate Evillyrics within a Foobar-Tab.
EL is capable of providing the lyrics of the currently playing Song in a textfile. So a Plugin that just prints this file into a Tab would do.

Another - maybe better - solution would be a Plugin that searches EL's Lyrics-Cache (also Plain-Text-Format with a textfile for each song) for the currently playing Song and displays ist's Lyrics. This way Evillyrics didnt need to run and the Plugin could - at a later time easily be extended to be able to read from other DBs or maybe EL would become completely unnecessary one day.

Both solutions shouldn't be too difficult to do - but unfortunately i'm totally unskilled in programming. Any volunteers...? 

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #9
Minilyrics from www.minilyrics.com is very nice, however it's not free.

It's not panel and it displays lyrics as different window (support transparent skin).
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm seems free to me, you can just donate if you want. It's a little buggy when using multiple line style and aligning right. Also I'd rather have it not scrolling, but it's pretty nice using the the nothing on it skin

[a href="http://images.xerionslair.org/myfoobar14.png]Pic[/url]

EDIT:

Here's a Pic of my new layout, minilyrics looks like a panel here

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #10
I, too, would absolutely love a lyrics panel. and if it was synced with the music, then it'd be truly awesome (that would be above and beyond)

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #12
try this http://www.sbtop.com/bbs/index.php?showtopic=41114
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=296211"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's really nice but it's in chineese 

I'm a bit confused in the preference page...

And for some reason, the lyrics sometimes don't want to display...

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #13
I got the plugin to work, but I can't figure out the configuration. Could somebody please translate this plugin?

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #14
Here is the translation.

I got the plugin to work, but I can't figure out the configuration. Could somebody please translate this plugin?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=296253"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']moderation: fixed image links, thumbnail for first image is broken[/span]

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #15
foo_uie_lyrics.zip is the download, right? When I try to open it up it says "The compressed (or zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted"

edit: i used winrar instead of IZArc and it worked

hmm. maybe someone would be willing to get their hands on that source and translate it? 

edit: anybody know where I can download the system windows xp chinese font? a quick search at microsoft didn't turn up anything and I think it'd be better than lots of squares in the preferences

edit:
I've got it working. This is very nice. My only issue is that when it automatically obtains the lyrics online, the lyrics don't (agh i forgot what the word is--when it automatically inserts a cairrage return if the whole line can't be displayed.) and if you don't use the time stamps PLEASE SOMEBODY, TRANSLATE THIS TO ENGLISH!

It cuts off the last line if you don't use time stamps, and I can't figure out how to disable looking up the lyrics through the web.

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #16
Thanks for the translation, xliu5.

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #17
The author of the plugin at the forum released a version with English. However, I am still getting chinese config screens and I dont know why. I looked in the file, and there are english versions of all of the dialogs, but they just dont seem to be activated. Any ideas?

http://www.sbtop.com/bbs/index.php?showtopic=41114

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #18
The author of the plugin at the forum released a version with English. However, I am still getting chinese config screens and I dont know why. I looked in the file, and there are english versions of all of the dialogs, but they just dont seem to be activated. Any ideas?

http://www.sbtop.com/bbs/index.php?showtopic=41114
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=296472"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

yeah on the very last post of that thread it says something about version 2.3.0 in english (beta)--but the download link, in the second post of the thread, is still version 2.2.1. The english one just came out, so maybe give them a little bit of time to update the download link?

Edit: Well now I'm using 2.3.0 in the foobar components list. and I still have the chinese characters--I don't know what's up either.

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #19
foo_uie_lyrics.zip is the download, right? When I try to open it up it says "The compressed (or zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted"

edit: i used winrar instead of IZArc and it worked
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=296434"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i get an error too, but winzip and winrar both gave it to me...
"[path and filename]
The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

foo, huh?  anyone care to post it (a working version...?) here or something?

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #21
I have upload a English version to
http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins/general.php#120
enjoy
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=296478"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Lyrics (foo_uie_lyrics), right?

I'm still getting chinese characters. are you sure you uploaded the right one?

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #22
I have upload a English version to
http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins/general.php#120
enjoy
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=296478"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Lyrics (foo_uie_lyrics), right?

I'm still getting chinese characters. are you sure you uploaded the right one?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=296481"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's right.  I have an english dialog.  Thanks!

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #23
hmm. I got it working. I had installed it while foobar was still running and that created some problems. whoopsy! AND THANKS A LOT BLUENET!!!

Edit: Has the online lookup been disabled in this beta version?

Now that the [request] has been granted, you should make a foo_uie_lyrics thread to attract some help from the many talented people out there 

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #24
Nice, thanks a lot

Edit : it doesn't display the lyrics any more