Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problem configuring the appearance. (Read 2776 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem configuring the appearance.

Hi there, first of all I tried using this config (it looks rather nice) - http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/fb2k/strings.php?f=51 - It kinda changed the font a little, but it was red instead of blue which sucked, and it was all out of place.

So then I tried this one - http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/fb2k/strings.php?f=71 - it looks slightly better but still everything was misaligned.

I then went to the coloums_ui website and downloaded that, installed it and set it up as it said to, the problem is, that it's all completely standard now, it's laid out exactly as it says it should be on the coloumns_ui website: http://music.morbo.org/wiki/lib/exe/fetch....2%3Amain_ui.png

Any idea how to now change the appearance please?

Thanks!

Reply #1
Or maybe if someone could tell me how to load .fcs files please?

Thanks

Reply #2
Oops, just had a good read of Neowin and have found it, sorry guys :$

Anyone know a good place to get the fcs files + previews from please?

Reply #3
Official Columns UI FCS database

Seems to be back up after a hack attack. Most of the files in the database come complete with preview images. Navigation is a little clunky but everything is there. Some of the more popular stock configurations seem to be Neksus' Azrael, Lyx's Navigator Suite, OLiGhT and plisk. You can find all of the above and much more under "Formatting Strings".

Reply #4
Ahh thank you Astrea, I did check that site out, and downloaded one or two from there, along with some button sets - it's a great site! Unfortunately though it doesn't seem to have that many formatting strings to change the display. Looking through both here and Neowin at the gallery there are literally hundreds upon hundreds of themes, I hate looking at some absolutely gorgeous ones and not being able to download them!  (I did do a google search for formatting strings and found a couple of good sites, but ones I've already been on)

Reply #5
There are a lot of strings that work with default UI instead of Columns UI; don't forget that aspect. Additionally, from what I can tell, a lot of people take the FCSes from that and other sites and then modify them as they desire. More often than not, these custom remixes are never really released anywhere. For my own purposes, I use a mildly customized version of Lyx's Navigator Suite, but my Foobar would be considered quite minimalist compared to many of those in the screenshot gallery, no album art, no vis, no track info, just a basic menu, some buttons and a seekbar

Reply #6
ahh that's cool, I guess I'll keep an eye out then! Thanks!