Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do I include discnumber in flac metadata? (Read 1575 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I include discnumber in flac metadata?

I'm using %discnumber% in my template for output directories, but it is not included in the flac files that are created. Is there a way of including it?

Thanks
d

Re: How do I include discnumber in flac metadata?

Reply #1
Not included in metadata tags or path?
CUE Paths Output Template is for the path to files, i.e. path\folder\filename.cue (tells CUETools where to put the flac files)
Advanced Settings >CUETools > Audio Filenames > Track format: (template names the flac files).
Please post template.

discnumber in metadata is added here if not included from source

korth

Reply #2
It's in the pathnames correctly, but not the metadata.
Other metadata is good

Reply #3
see pic in previous
You didn't provide any info about the source, if the discnumber is included in source or if you're running in a batch (thus suppressing pop-up windows).
Tags written in the picture above
DISCNUMBER=1
DISCTOTAL=2
korth

Reply #4
Is there a way of including it

Almost any media player allows you to do so. Foobar, Musicbee, etc.
However, if it is a single disc discnumber if often empty.
You might populate it ,manually using any tagger
If your template supports logic you can do something like "if DISCNUMBER=empty then 1 else DISCNUMBER"
TheWellTemperedComputer.com

Reply #5
I verified that disc number is in the file using foobar2000. Then discovered my mistake; I had added ‘Disc’ to windows explorer columns  to display the disc number. This is not the correct item of metadata to do that - ‘Part of’ is the one to use!
(No idea what ‘disc.’ Corresponds to…)

Thanks to all for the help