Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_infobox (Read 169097 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_infobox

Reply #125
A SMALL BUG / INCOSISTENCY:

Let file1 be the highlighted file. then select file2 without highlighting (only with frame around).
Now "properties" (choosen with "menu" key, mouse will highlight it) show properites of file1 and "show file info (special)" shows info about file2.

Show info of highlighted or focused file?
I think it is just a problem of choice,I selected focus and peter selected highlight.Both are ok.
But there was a bug in my plugin about this,it could cause a crash that has been reported here
I have fixed it in v1.3.6a.Now it act same as the buildin "properties" command.Highlight is prior to focus.

Please download v1.3.6a from here

foo_infobox

Reply #126
Show info of highlighted or focused file?
I think it is just a problem of choice,I selected focus and peter selected highlight.Both are ok.

Another (now) useless post (though i hope relevant), but I tried to make things clear in my mind.

- 1 track focused and 1 track highlighted -> file info (single item) of the focused track
but
- 1 track focused and several tracks highlighted -> file info (single item) of the 1st highlighted track
and moreover
- 1 track focused and several tracks highlighted -> file info (mutiple item) of the highlighted tracks.

So, 1st two points were incoherent and last point imposes the way of doing things properly.

Thanks again for creating and maintaining this essential plugin irana.

foo_infobox

Reply #127
Hope this hasn't been asked, but would be it possible to check which type of tag was used for metadata?  It would be handy for troubleshooting.

foo_infobox

Reply #128
Hope this hasn't been asked, but would be it possible to check which type of tag was used for metadata?  It would be handy for troubleshooting.

Hmm,this has been discussed many times.
using search engine,you will find many threads about it.
For example,here

foo_infobox

Reply #129
great plugin.

I have feat. requests:
statistical info in multiple files view: average bitrate (bytes total /time total*0.008), average file size, etc.

and when in multiple files mode editing fields "(varies/unchanged)" could be by default filled with list of values the files have. This way for example you could make whole album have same album name just by deleting one or more lines. no c&p neccessary.

foo_infobox

Reply #130
great plugin.

I have feat. requests:
statistical info in multiple files view: average bitrate (bytes total /time total*0.008), average file size, etc.

and when in multiple files mode editing fields "(varies/unchanged)" could be by default filled with list of values the files have. This way for example you could make whole album have same album name just by deleting one or more lines. no c&p neccessary.

good ideas
hmm...but...
In fact multiple items mode of foo_infobox just calls the default "properties" command.I am too lazy to duplicate this fuction in foo_infobox.I might perform this by myself in the future,so I could add more feature in multiple items mode.But not recently,I'm too busy now.sorry

You could repost your requests in gerneal forum,hope peter would have interest in your suggestion.

foo_infobox

Reply #131
I have a feature request:
Is that possible to add tag type to write option to special file infobox like in standard inputs??
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true /Robert Wilensky/

foo_infobox

Reply #132
Great plugin - I love it.

How about introducing other "almost standard" tags, such as rating, performer, lyrics ?

We could discuss here which ones to add. Maybe they could be activated or not?

(Personnally I would also love to have a "style" tag next to "genre", in which I put something more accurate than what I put in genre, eg genre = classical, style = romantic)

Just an idea though

foo_infobox

Reply #133
Hello,

first thank you for this very useful component.

I have found a little issue when used in combination with the user interface module columns_ui (versions are f2k 0.8.3, columns_ui 0.1.2 alpha 4, infobox 1.3.7):

Add some tracks into a playlist, choose a single track and enter the special file info properties. Make sure 'Follow cursor' is selected. Give the foobar-main window the focus, and use the cursor up/down keys for choosing another track. The special file info box does not recognize the first press and comes out of sync with the track selected by the cursor in foobars playlist.

I do not know if this is an issue of columns_ui or the infobox.
Used with the default user interface however I can't reproduce this issue.

Regards
Christoph

foo_infobox

Reply #134
Hi,
I have a little request if you could possibly compile a version for me and anyone else if they use this. I don't really use "Genre", and I'd like it to be replaced with "Featuring" ( a tag I use ).  If this is possible at all, please let me know, and thanks for the GREAT component.

Steven

foo_infobox

Reply #135
Does foo_infobox support Unicode? I've tried, and I don't think it does. (I tried showing Chinese characters, doesn't work.)

foo_infobox

Reply #136
Does foo_infobox support Unicode? I've tried, and I don't think it does. (I tried showing Chinese characters, doesn't work.)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=263014"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

foo_infobox full support Unicode.
Chinese characters not work? Please give more infomations. I guess your characters is BIG5, try override codepage function.

foo_infobox

Reply #137
I've tried overriding the codepage function to simplified and traditional Chinese, but none work. Here is a screenshot:

Ignore the mismatch name, that file's just a tester.

foo_infobox

Reply #138
Try changing font setting of special file info box in config page
select a font supporting Unicode

foo_infobox

Reply #139
Thanks for the fast reply, guys. Works nice now.

foo_infobox

Reply #140
Not sure if it's been asked, but could this plugin be made into a Columns_UI panel? that would really make things simple for editing files.

foo_infobox

Reply #141
Hi,

I'll like to make some requests but I don't know if this could be implemented or not 

- A different colour for tags that are writen in the database (i.e. green) instead of in the file itself.

- A checkbox for enable/disable 'block tag updates'.

foo_infobox

Reply #142
Not sure if it's been asked, but could this plugin be made into a Columns_UI panel? that would really make things simple for editing files.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=263746"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What a great idea! Something along the lines of the albumart plugin where there's a 'Now Playing' and a 'Selected' mode.

foo_infobox

Reply #143
Hi,

I'll like to make some requests but I don't know if this could be implemented or not  

- A different colour for tags that are writen in the database (i.e. green) instead of in the file itself.

- A checkbox for enable/disable 'block tag updates'.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=266240"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

As far as I know,there is no decent way to implement your first request with current SDK
About your second request,I am not sure if It is impossible,but at least I don't how 
sorry

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=263746"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What a great idea! Something along the lines of the albumart plugin where there's a 'Now Playing' and a 'Selected' mode.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=266266"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I agree with you,file info panel is a good idea
IMO it should be a individual plugin instead of embedded in foo_infobox
and it is not enough that just move foo_infobox dialog into a Columns_UI panel simply
It is better to make a totally new one which is like the info panel of foo_tunes
But I don't have time and motive to write a new plugin for this now,sorry
Hope other developers,that are interest in this,will write one someday

foo_infobox

Reply #144
As far as I know,there is no decent way to implement your first request with current SDK

About your second request,I am not sure if It is impossible,but at least I don't how

If someone knows if it can be implemented and step in here. please told us 

foo_infobox

Reply #145
It would be nice and most useful, if we could have all the fields (or just the user chosen ones) showed like boxes as the standard ones in the upper side of the window. This would let us  input values in many different fields with just a couple of clicks: one to open the window and the other to save and clos it.

As it is now we have to double click on each field in order to edit it, and click again to close it. With many fields and 5000 tracks on the desk ready to be properly tagged, it would be very useful.

Thanks for listening.

Can we also have the fields correctly sorted also in the multi files view?

And can we have the drop down list of the genre build the list from the values in the db instead the one that shows now?

If is it possible, can we have that feature also on other fields and also in multi files view?

Sorry for so many requests but your plugin is such a central feature...

foo_infobox

Reply #146
Sorry that this is a little off-topic, but recently I've found a need to add some codepage-conversion code to a project. Do you have any tips, or links to docs?  Various APIs include prebuilt tools for converting to the system codepage, but I'd like to be able to force a particular codepage, the way you do in this plugin. I figured it couldn't hurt to ask someone who clearly already knows how.
Thanks.

foo_infobox

Reply #148
I just hope he updates it for 0.9.

foo_infobox

Reply #149
Will this be updated for 0.9?