Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Bauer stereophonic-to-binaural DSP plugin (Read 276867 times) previous topic - next topic

Bauer stereophonic-to-binaural DSP plugin

Reply #100
I'm have problems with this plugin;

When converting my .flac files to .ogg this plug in seems to be introducing noise, pops crackles and static (they actually sound llike errors of a buffer underrun).
Seems to be worse when I use 4 threads than just 1 (I have quad core CPU)

Reply #101
Notice a few posts back in this thread that this plugin doesn't support running multiple instances.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #102
Ah, thank you.  I must have scanned past that post.  Oh well...  Any news on this being fixed?

Reply #103
Failed to load DLL: foo_dsp_bs2b.dll
Reason: This component is not compatible with this version of Windows and needs to be recompiled with a newer version of the foobar2000 SDK; please contact the author of this component to obtain an updated version of this component.

Vista and foobar 0.9.6 beta 1
Music is my first love.

Reply #104
Hi Boris,

I have been using your plugin for quite a long time and I really don't want to miss it! Unfortunately since foobar 0.9.6 beta 1 has been released, your plugin doesn't work any more! I would like to ask and encourage you to update this excellent plugin! Please, give us a hint if we can count on you.

thanks

Antares

Reply #105
I'm using this plugin without any errors with foobar 9.6 beta 2

plugin's version is 2.1.0, and afaik i downloaded from the official site: http://bs2b.sourceforge.net/

nevermind, I'm using Windows XP

This plugin is opensource, it shouldn't be too hard to compile with a newer SDK, But I don't know what changes (if any) would have to be made to get the new version up and running, any coder around?

Reply #106
OK, here is your quick and dirty port - foo_dsp_bs2b v2.1.1.
(obsolete links removed)

The changes:
  • Recompiled using latest fb2k SDK to run with 0.9.6 under Vista.
  • Config dialog changes are now updated immediately due to new DSP architecture.
  • Moved bs2b code to a class with per-instance parameters - should work properly in Converter etc.
As I denoted upfront, I didn't touch anything unless I needed to. It seemed to work as before, I hope everything will be all right and I didn't broke anything - feel free to flame me if not.

Edit: I came to understand what I had beed confused about before.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #107
Yirkha, thank you!

work fine here , also with converter (doublecore bug solved)
Music is my first love.

Reply #108
Thanks Yirkha!!!!

Reply #109
Hi all,
since I use a client server based audio system (Squeezebox) along with a server based FIR filter tool (BruteFIR), I was wondering how I could retrieve the impulse responses of the filters implemented in bs2b (Bauer, Linkwitz, Chu Moy).

If I understand correctly, bs2b uses IIR filters. Nevertheless, I think it should be possible to limit the number of FIR taps to a certain number without reducing the overall sound quality.

What is an easy way to retrieve the FIR filter coefficients?

What I already did was to download the foobar plugin and to install it
to a Windows XP PC. The plugin showed up on the list in the foobar settings, but
for some reasons it did not filter the sound... So, I was not able to
record the response of the filter stimulated by a dirac impulse...

Any hints?
Cheers,
Hering

Reply #110
did you put it in dsp chain?

Reply #113
Could you explain a bit about how the new version work? change?

Reply #114
Could you explain a bit about how the new version work? change?

The description will be updated much later.
In short, old settings are:

HIGH LEVEL    is 700 Hz 3.0 dB
MIDDLE LEVEL  is  500 Hz 4.5 dB - my old preffered ("DEFAULT")
LOW LEVEL      is 360 Hz 6.0 dB

HIGH EASY LEVEL    is 700 Hz 6.0 dB - equal to the C. Moy's crossfeeder
MIDDLE EASY LEVEL  is 500 Hz 7.2 dB
LOW EASY LEVEL    is 360 Hz 8.4 dB

My new preffered (new "DEFAULT") set is 700 Hz 4.5 dB
goo.gl/JNZR8

Reply #115
I can't actually get into the configuration in this version.

Reply #116
I can't actually get into the configuration in this version.

Remove bs2b from DSP chain and exit preferences page, then put bs2b into DSP chain again and you should able to get into the configuration.

and thanks boris for info.

Reply #117
Thanks a lot. That did the trick.

Reply #118
The problem seems to be related to DSP presets saved with a version of this component before 3.0. I guess the old saved settings get in the way somehow. So, the permanent solution is to resave the preset(s) after applying buktore's solution.

Reply #119
Am I using the latest version if what I see are 3 boxes to press? One the default setting, 2 the C.Moy, and J. Meiers as the third setting.

This plugin is great by the way. Keep on improving it if theres room for improvement. As for now I really love the Default setting!

Reply #120
New releases of foobar2000, VST, winamp plugins.
foobar2000 plugin v3.1.0.
VST plugin v2.1.0.
winamp plugin v3.1.0.
New feature:
* libbs2b 3.1.0 used with extended cut frequency set from [300..1000] to [300..2000] Hz.
goo.gl/JNZR8

Reply #121
is there any other change besides the 2000ms limit? same exact preset settings?

Reply #122
Read the first post.

Reply #123
I just found this great plugin! Seems to work really well, I will experiment with the different settings.

Thank you very much and keep the development going! 

Reply #124
Sorry for a bit of necromancy.
I had problems finding the LADSPA plugin. Looks like SourceForge got rid of bs2b. Found it only on Japanese version.
All the mirrors I've tried on normal SourceForge were missing the files.

I have a small request: is it possible to make the controls available directly?
(esp. filter pole frequency - this may require recalculating coefficients on the fly)
EDIT:
My bad, those futzes from Gentoo still have 0.9.0 in their package tree. Corrected.
0.9.1 indeed provides exact the type of control I need.
Using 900 Hz/1.0 dB.
Seems that higher feedback dB levels induce "sound behind head" effect for me - negate crossfeed.
Note: this is with Sennheiser IE-7 IEMs. I suspect normal headphones need less crossfeed.
ruxvilti'a