Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Colon for lyrics (Read 1781 times) previous topic - next topic

Colon for lyrics

Is there a way to show colon for lyrics (present in song or no)? I try something like "[%lyrics%]" but doesn't work.

Re: Colon for lyrics

Reply #1
Column?

Reply #2
Hi there,

I believe the lyrics / unsynced lyrics fields are not cached to memory to save on resources. You might have to edit the LargeFieldsConfig.txt file in foobar install folder to display the fields.

(I think so though I've never tested that myself, I save lyrics to external text files rather than tags)

However, if you just want a Yes / No test for a playlist column -

Code: [Select]
$if(%lyrics%,Yes,No)

(That should work without changing LargeFieldsConfig.txt)

Cheers ;)

Reply #3
Hm, i deleted fieldSpam=lyrics, but it doesn't help. Also changed to fieldBasic=lyrics.

Reply #5
Hm, i deleted fieldSpam=lyrics, but it doesn't help. Also changed to fieldBasic=lyrics.
Restart foobar?

I paste it to "script" of display new column, but nothing changed
I'm not sure what you are doing exactly, sorry. (Maybe post a screenshot). But if the media files have a %lyrics% tag, it should work.

Reply #6
I have been using something similar for a while. The LargeFieldsConfig.txt has the following changes:
basicMetaMax=8192    (to handle some longer lyrics: if this size is exceeded the field is not truncated but empty)
fieldBasic=lyrics
fieldBasic=unsynced lyrics
make sure to remove corresponding entries from the fieldSPam list

The field content formula is as follows:
$ifgreater($len(%lyrics%%unsynced lyrics%),20, $char(10003),$ifequal($strstr($lower($trim(%lyrics%%unsynced lyrics%)),instrumental),1,$char(12288)$char(9835),))

This indicates presence of either %lyrics% or %unsynced lyrics% by displaying a tick when the combined length is > 20 characters.
Additionally it will display a note character when the lyrics content is 'Instrumental'. I use this in the SimPlaylist which for some reason in my installation does not display the note character on its own, thus the hack to preceed it by a "fake space".

Reply #7

$ifgreater($len(%lyrics%%unsynced lyrics%),20, $char(10003),$ifequal($strstr($lower($trim(%lyrics%%unsynced lyrics%)),instrumental),1,$char(12288)$char(9835),))

Thanks. Doesn't show note character for me too.

Reply #8
I've changed it to differentiate sync and unsync lyrics and show music symb for instrumental:
$ifgreater($len(%unsynced lyrics%),20, $char(10003),$ifequal($strstr($lower($trim(%unsynced lyrics%)),instrumental),1,$char(12288)$char(9835),))
 $if(%lyrics%,$char(10004))
$ifequal(%unsynced lyrics%,$strstr(%unsynced lyrics%,'[Instrumental]'),$char(12288),$char(9835))

But sometimes sync lyrics shows as unsync, so i make 2 columns for sync and unsync:
For unsync: $ifgreater($len(%unsynced lyrics%),20, $char(10003),$ifequal($strstr($lower($trim(%unsynced lyrics%)),instrumental),1,$char(12288)$char(9835),))
$ifequal(%unsynced lyrics%,$strstr(%unsynced lyrics%,'[Instrumental]'),$char(12288),$char(9835))

For sync:
$ifequal(%unsynced lyrics%,$strstr(%lyrics%%unsynced lyrics%,'[0'),$char(12288),$char(10004))

Can't make the last two as one. Can someone help with it? (like the first one, but with possibility show lyrics with [0 content as sync).