Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Recurrent errors in console, "DCA decode warning: Stream with excessive core..." (Read 1637 times) previous topic - next topic

Recurrent errors in console, "DCA decode warning: Stream with excessive core..."

Foobar has been giving me this error for quite some time:

DCA decode warning: Stream with excessive core frame size (..\..\libdcadec\core_decoder.c : 2239)

At first I thought this was an issue with FLAC files I had from an older encoder [as it seemed to crop up when I was playing FLAC files], but it does it when fb2k is completely IDLE, as in - nothing is being accessed, decoded, encoded, or transcoded in any way. 

I've now noticed it on multiple machines all running fb2k based on one portable install, so perhaps it's something about my particular config?  This is on Windows 7, Windows 10, and under WINE, with different hardware/output configurations per machine.

Any ideas?

Re: Recurrent errors in console, "DCA decode warning: Stream with excessive core..."

Reply #1
foo_input_dts false positive in FLAC or other lossless files. Possibly triggered by foo_wave_seekbar or similar, which likes to do background decoding for hours on end if you skip around your playlist a lot.

Re: Recurrent errors in console, "DCA decode warning: Stream with excessive core..."

Reply #2
foo_input_dts false positive in FLAC or other lossless files. Possibly triggered by foo_wave_seekbar or similar, which likes to do background decoding for hours on end if you skip around your playlist a lot.
Interesting.  I had foo_wave_seekbar installed but wasn't using it.  DTS files in particular were spouting those errors frequently.  Removing foo_wave_seekbar seems to have decreased that. 

Thank you!