Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Decoding mp3 in matlab (Read 2979 times) previous topic - next topic

Decoding mp3 in matlab

Hi,
Please i have doubt.
When i want requantize samples when i decode my Mp3,i found a mistake. The data have a length 576 for each geanule. What´s te formula to requantize the restant data when i'm ending to requantize the 21 th band with its samples.For example the ultimate data for 21 band in the case 44.1KHZ is 417 i think.
What i must do for the restant data until 576!!!
Please someone can help me.

Decoding mp3 in matlab

Reply #1
Hi,
Please i have doubt.
When i want requantize samples when i decode my Mp3,i found a mistake. The data have a length 576 for each geanule. What´s te formula to requantize the restant data when i'm ending to requantize the 21 th band with its samples.For example the ultimate data for 21 band in the case 44.1KHZ is 417 i think.
What i must do for the restant data until 576!!!
Please someone can help me.

Assuming I understand your question, mp3 files have 22 scalefactor bands, but the last one does not have its own scalefactor. The 22nd scalefactor band uses only the global scalefactor value.

I don't know any more about decoding the scalefactors, though.
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - Vroomfondel, H2G2