Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: about replay gain (Read 1177 times) previous topic - next topic

about replay gain

hello,

i adjust the replay gain quite often manually, when i notice the recording is too low or too high.

also i noticed on the right click on the tracks in playlist down below there is a replaygain with some options, but i dont know how to use that (they dont work for me)

one of them says ''remove replain gain from files'' (which is greyed)

since the info is or it can be on files, i shouldn't have to manually adjust them every single time
the problem is that my foobar dont adust itself the replain gain when it goes to next track, by the info on that file

someone can help me with this replain gain issue in foobar?  thank you so much

i use foobar a lot daily

Re: about replay gain

Reply #1
How are you "manually" adjusting ReplayGain?  I simply load an album into foobar2000, select all, and right-click to ReplayGain > "Scan as single album".  You can also load multiple albums and select "Scan... (by tags)".  foobar2000 will write album and track gain tags to your files.

If your tracks do not have RG tags, then I imagine the option to remove tags will be grayed out.  Maybe also the case if the tracks are write-protected.  Anyway, if you're sold on RG there's never a reason to remove the tags.  Just write new ones if you need.

In Preferences > Playback, set RG to "Album" or "Track" depending on whether you are playing albums at a time or a playlist of mixed tracks.  I also select "Apply gain but avoid clipping".  Almost all of my playback is done via Logitech Media Center which has an RG setting called "Smart Gain".  SG is "smart" enough to know whether your playlist is an entire album or a mix of tracks and automatically apply the appropriate RG value.

Reply #2
thank you for your reply

since replay gain does nothing for me, i was confusing replay gain with preamp

i manually adjust the preamp like i wrote in the first post, not the replay gain. sorry for misunderstanding on my part

preferences --> playback . window

Reply #3
Then on the same preferences page adjust ReplayGain source mode to 'track' and Processing to 'apply gain'. If you don't turn RG on, of course it won't work.

And you aren't supposed to touch the gains (maybe more than once) manually. Make sure to also scan your tracks with RG so it can do its thing.