Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Suggestion - Resize ability for the Autoplaylist Properties box (Read 2382 times) previous topic - next topic

Suggestion - Resize ability for the Autoplaylist Properties box

It's small for long queries.

Code: [Select]
(%comment% HAS A OR %comment% HAS B) AND NOT %comment% HAS ALL AND NOT %comment% HAS 11 AND NOT %comment% HAS 12 AND NOT %comment% HAS 0 AND %genre% HAS / AND %length% LESS "15:00"

This is all there is to see. It leaves things hard to edit.

Re: Suggestion - Resize ability for the Autoplaylist Properties box

Reply #1
You edit long strings inside the box? Why? Just use notepad++ and copy paste. Strings can sometimes get very long and not even a larger box would be sufficient.  Added benefit with notepad, you can easily see if all your parenthesis are closed.

Reply #2
You edit long strings inside the box? Why? Just use notepad++ and copy paste. Strings can sometimes get very long and not even a larger box would be sufficient.  Added benefit with notepad, you can easily see if all your parenthesis are closed.

Yes, I do but most of the time I'm forced to use sublime text because of this problem.

I don't see why notepad++ or sublime text need to be involved. My code above is not complex but it is long enough to be a headache to edit in the current edit box.

There shouldn't be any need for multiple steps and programs in my case. It would just be nice to have a resizable window in the Y direction so the whole query could be seen and edited with ease.

Word wrapping is also possible.

Reply #3
When you build a config do you also build full scripts in foobar2000 because you don't see why you should use external programs? Same thing with long seach syntaxes imho. Sure it would be nice to have a larger box but this really is kinda a non issue. Even with word wrapping you'd still miss syntax highlighting (although foo sandbox has that for title formatting).

Reply #4
This isn't about syntax highlighting or other 'things' in foobar. Let us stay on topic here.

Reply #5
Lol It's related so it's on topic. Similarly people have asked in the past before for resizing windows (such as the properties window) and nothing came of that. In short, don't count on resizing search box.
On topic enough for you?  8)
Don't shoot the messenger btw.

Reply #7

Lol It's related so it's on topic. Similarly people have asked in the past before for resizing windows (such as the properties window) and nothing came of that. In short, don't count on resizing search box.
On topic enough for you?  8)
Don't shoot the messenger btw.

Properties window does resize.

LOL... Syntax highlighting is not the same as UI resizing. Either are other parts of the UI that I'm not referring to.

It's not the search box btw.

http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_tfsandbox

Thread derailed.

This is what I mean. I have that plugin already.

I don't have an issue with syntax highlighting.

Reply #8
As I said, don't shoot the messenger. Don't worry if a thread is on topic or not mods will decide on that. . Btw, properties doesn't resize at all Ctrl P, you try resizing.  I'm mentioning syntax highlighting as a benefit to using external programs instead of the little "search box", whatever you know what I mean don't be an ass, you want resized. Thus a good reason and motivation to switch to that and not stick with the limiting small box. It seems some people really need to have it spelled out to them. But oh no it's not "on topic" enough for you.  Don't respond so prickly with thread on topic and thread derailed, I'm not wasting any more time on this PEBKAC. Have a nice day.

Reply #9
You added the ass bit in your edit. My notification does not have that in it. I am not going to resort to calling you anything.

Do not get too upset that I already knew your workaround and that I think it unnecessary. If this were resizable plus syntax highlighting can be added further down the road for it then all would be perfect. Not all happens at once with SW development so one thing at a time.

Nor do I have a PEBKAC or whatever you hipsters call it. I just want the dialog resizable in the Y-axis.

OH, THE PREFERENCES. You are in that much of a rage, you mixed up the difference between the preferences and properties.

Go sit in a corner and relax and forget this thread ever existed.

Reply #10
Feature request noted.

Can we keep the forum ass-free please?
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #11
Feature request noted.

Thanks Peter. I have since only found the request section of the forum recently so you can delete this thread and it may be classed as a double post.

I know now that this is the wrong section to be doing that again.

Reply #12
I changed PEBCAK to PEBKAK in my edit but sure if you want to go ahead and lie about this. But I see you got what you wanted.
Oh you meant tag properties? You're in that much rage you mixed up tag properties with foobar200 properties? I'll remember you for future topics and not to bother with you anymore.

Reply #13
I changed PEBCAK to PEBKAK in my edit but sure if you want to go ahead and lie about this. But I see you got what you wanted.
Oh you meant tag properties? You're in that much rage you mixed up tag properties with foobar200 properties? I'll remember you for future topics and not to bother with you anymore.

How dare you call me a lier.

Here's the screenshot of my email I received when you posted.

Ctrl+P is preferences, not properties.

Please do. It'll be good riddance when you finally leave this thread also.