Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_logitech_lcd (Read 166226 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #275
I absolutely love this component and it totally took care of my buyer's remorse from the G19

I was wondering if there's a way to not have "logitech media display" taking over everytime there is a track change. Is there a way to stop foobar2000 from transmitting that information?

I know I can turn off "logitech media display" altogether but I like to keep it for displaying volume increase/decrease for my speakers.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #276
Quote from: penfold1992 link=msg=0 date=
i would also be interested in how the coding works in being able to do this (as i am interested in becoming a software developer in the future)

Send me an email! (Details in component readme I think!) Happy to help budding coders.  (This goes for anyone - though if I'm inundated with requests I might have to decline some!)

Quote from: gfxnow link=msg=0 date=
I was wondering if there's a way to not have "logitech media display" taking over everytime there is a track change. Is there a way to stop foobar2000 from transmitting that information?

I know I can turn off "logitech media display" altogether but I like to keep it for displaying volume increase/decrease for my speakers.

Hmmm - I'm not at the PC with a Logitech keyboard right now, but I think there might be an option in the configuration for the Logitech Media Display itself. IIRC you can enable/disable support for various media players and other things in the config for it - which is accessible via the main software, though it's not obvious (not being able to check right now I can't point you to where exactly it is, but I'm sure it's there). Certainly I know that my personal config and that of a couple other people is exactly as you want, so it is possible, just a question of finding the correct setting!

Let me know how you get on!  I'll check the actual settings when I get a chance to work on my main PC again (later this week).

It's news to me that the Logitech software natively supports foobar though - that must be pretty new (certainly didn't used to).

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #277
Thanks for the quick reply ectotropic, much appreciated

I am running Logitech Gaming Software 8.46.27 and I can see the list of media players in the media display settings. However, Foobar2000 is not listed there:

Anyone else using the latest version?

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #278
Disabling all media players worked. Simple enough

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #279
Quote from: gfxnow link=msg=0 date=
Disabling all media players worked. Simple enough

See! I knew there was a setting in there that would fix it

Glad you got it sorted - thanks for letting me know how! (Always good to know how to answer this question in the future!)

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #280
This plugin it's not compatible with MSI Afterburner software, hangs foobar on close, please update and fix it.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #281
This plugin it's not compatible with MSI Afterburner software, hangs foobar on close, please update and fix it.

Thanks for the bug report - unfortunately I just installed MSI Afterburner and am not experiencing any issues, so I'll need more information before I can work out what is going wrong.

Questions:
  • What Logitech LCD product(s) are you using? (Latest drivers?)
  • Have you tried disabling/enabling hardware acceleration for the component?
  • What graphics card(s) are you using?
  • Have you tried different graphics card drivers?
  • How do you know that it's this component and Afterburner that are the problem? (I'm not saying you are wrong, just wondering how you have figured it out as it might help me when debugging)
  • Is there some specific setting I should be using in Afterburner in order to cause the issue?

Sorry I can't be more help right now, but until I have a better idea of what is going on I won't be able to do anything.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #282
hello,

i love this plugin.
what i would like that the plugin work on the h19 and g13 @ the same time.
now the g19 is working but cant run it on g13 only when i disconnect my g19.

thanks
redrum

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #283
Quote from: redrum79 link=msg=0 date=
what i would like that the plugin work on the h19 and g13 @ the same time.

Hi!

Glad you like the plugin! Thanks

I actually wondered if/when anyone would mention this limitation - I wasn't sure if anyone would have 2 different devices let alone want the display on both. I guess I know now!

Unfortunately it's not as easy to do as you might think.

I know it seems like it should be possible to just send the image to both devices, but for a number of reasons that's not the case. If I were to do it, it would pretty much come down to running two different versions of the plugin at the same time - which is possible, but a bit tricky (and a lot of work).

I won't say never, and I'd really like to do it, but don't count on it happening. 

Sorry.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #284
Hello, is there a way to modify album art picture on the LCD while playing?
I'm using Biography View plugin (http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php?showtopic=70955) and it downloads art from last.fm as *.png, not *.jpg and these files aren't hidden, so I get a black background while playing.
Actually, I'm not sure if it's the problem of plugin, may be it's an old driver for my G19 keyboard.

Re: foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #286
Helllo,
i like your plugin but...
Is there any chance that you could update plugin to be operating with new foobar 2.0 ?

Reply #287
Helllo,
i like your plugin but...
Is there any chance that you could update plugin to be operating with new foobar 2.0 ?

I'm amazed anyone still uses this, but you are the second person to contact me about it this year!

New (final) version uploaded that supports foobar2000 32-bit and 64-bit versions, along with a lot of changes and improvements.

The source code has also been released if that is of interest see https://github.com/ectotropic/foo_logitech_lcd.

Thanks to everyone for using the plugin over the years!

Reply #288
Thank you for an update - now foobar200 2.0 has finally its base functionality.

Reply #289
Hello friends, congratulations for continuing with this player, I am testing the new plugin for g19, 64-bit version ,when it shows the track information the text is not displayed correctly,
When the text moves, it blocks, or if it is not fixed in the center, it leaves the display, blocking what is shown.
a cordial greeting