Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LyricsDB discussion (Read 415261 times) previous topic - next topic

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #325
why can't i see lyric in my ipod?
does somebody know how let work with ipod?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #326
dont work with windows vista

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #327
My biggest problem is trying to get the lyrics show to fit into the right side of the screen, it is actually excessively hard
I use the trackinfo panel (suggested a few posts ago) and I don't find it hard to configure and use: probably the most "problematic" (if you are new to this) step is configuring ColumnsUI.

Alessandro

Could someone please explain me how to get the lyrics shown in a panel/tab step by step? I have installed foo_ui_columns.dll and foo_uie_trackinfo.dll but im new to foobar and dunno what to do next. Thx

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #328
Could someone please explain me how to get the lyrics shown in a panel/tab step by step? I have installed foo_ui_columns.dll and foo_uie_trackinfo.dll but im new to foobar and dunno what to do next. Thx
If, like me, you have the lyrics in a tag, go to Preferences (Ctrl/P) and in Display --> Columns UI add a panel to your layout (Right click --> Insert panel --> Panels --> Track info). Then select it and set up the Formatting string (Configure... button) and all other options.

HTH.

Alessandro

[Edit]You also have to select Columns UI in Preferences --> Display --> User Interface Module.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #329
If, like me, you have the lyrics in a tag, go to Preferences (Ctrl/P) and in Display --> Columns UI add a panel to your layout (Right click --> Insert panel --> Panels --> Track info). Then select it and set up the Formatting string (Configure... button) and all other options.

HTH.

Alessandro

[Edit]You also have to select Columns UI in Preferences --> Display --> User Interface Module.

Thank you very much - can you tell me, what exactly I have to put in the formating string?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #330
Thank you very much - can you tell me, what exactly I have to put in the formating string?
You're welcome. This is what I use:
Code: [Select]
400080%title% by 400080%artist%$char(10)$char(10)[$replace(%lyrics%,$char(13),)]

Just an example, of course.

HTH.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #331
Cool, its working now
Unfortunately there is still one Problem:
If I scroll too much down, the text wont show correctly.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #332
What do you mean exactly? I have no problems with scrolling. If you are referring to the black square in your picture, I have no idea where it is coming from, sorry.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #333
What do you mean exactly? I have no problems with scrolling. If you are referring to the black square in your picture, I have no idea where it is coming from, sorry.

Alessandro

When I click in the Track Info Panel and then scroll down with my mousewheel a little farther as usual (but not farther as the Lyrics length is), then I get this bug. Strangely, in the screenshot the bug appears to be the black square, although it does look differently here on my PC. Here it looks like the Track Info Panel doesnt get updated if you scroll too far.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #334
When I click in the Track Info Panel and then scroll down with my mousewheel a little farther as usual (but not farther as the Lyrics length is), then I get this bug.
Don't know what to tell you, short of checking the plug-in version and looking for possible conflicts with other plug-ins. Here's what I have:

HTH.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #335
Don't know what to tell you, short of checking the plug-in version and looking for possible conflicts with other plug-ins.

I have the same plug-in version like you, only my lyricsdb is 0.0.7 beta4...

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #336
cYmZz: it's a known bug of trackinfo panel, you can't do much about it, except selecting the smallest font and resizing the panel to show more text.

And your problem is not related to LyricsDB, so probably this is not the thread where this issue should be discussed.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #337
Quick question: Is this still being worked on? There is a bug that needs to be fixed and a few features that should be added.

Bugs:
-Freezes when can not find lyrics for a particular song.

Features:
-When plugin can not find the lyrics ask the user to input the artist and song.
-Allow user to choose from multiple lyrics the search pulls up.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #338
Another issue appearing in the recent days:
after 7 seven tracks the lyrics retrieval fails and the progress bar freezes.
Most probably this is a problem on the server side, because it used to work perfectly

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #339
Also having problems on vista with this plugin..
foobar crashes with metadb leaks sometimes... only when using this plugin..

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #341
by the way
Is it really a problem in vista with the plugin? I mean is here someone, who doesn't have problems with the plugin on vista? I don't have it installed, so can't check myself.
dezisehtnys eb lliw noitulover eht

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #342
I cant imagine it being anything but the component being incompatible with vista...it causes a "bad allocation" error which have been the main complaint from vista regarding foobar. From what I gather all that is required is a recompile with the latest sdk
My Name is Sean and I'm here to leech off your genius.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #343
I cant imagine it being anything but the component being incompatible with vista...it causes a "bad allocation" error which have been the main complaint from vista regarding foobar. From what I gather all that is required is a recompile with the latest sdk

that's a good idea, I'll try to play around as soon as possible with new SDK.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #344
Maybe let users edit the database? There are some really horrible lyrics with bad grammar, missing words,   and other html code etc.

An example Mono - The Outsider:
Code: [Select]
 Weblyrics.duble.com Advertisements at Mono The Outsider lyrics    All Formica Blues album lyricsMono Disney Town lyricsMono Hello Cleveland lyricsMono High Life lyricsMono Life In Mono lyricsMono Penguin Freud lyricsMono Playboys lyricsMono Silicone lyricsMono Slimcea Girl lyricsMono The Blind Man lyricsMono The Outsider lyrics ToolsBuy Mono stuffBookmark this pageTell a friendLink to this page      Lyrics > Mono lyrics > Mono The Outsider lyricsMono The Outsider lyrics   I will never witness your love again
I will never witness your love again
I will never knew the stranger in you
I will never knew the stranger in you
The stranger the stranger the stranger ....
I will not surrender my life for you
I will not surrender my life for you
You only see the sadness in me
I never knew the stranger in you
The stranger the stranger the stranger ....
  Mono The Outsider lyrics Advertisements at Mono The Outsider lyrics   Mono The Outsider lyrics
Mono The Outsider lyrics is the property and copyright of Mono.
Mono The Outsider lyrics provided for educational purposes and personal use only.
You are now at Mono The Outsider lyrics page of Lyrics site
   Ringtones - Polyphonic ringtones - Monophonic ringtones - Lyrics - Animal Pictures Photos Pics - Celebrity Pictures Photos Pics - Tattoo Pictures Photos Pics - Free Wallpapers - Travel and directory  Mono The Outsider lyrics at Duble Network

Looks nice eh

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #345
You just know that there would be a barrage of bad lyric alterations.

I dont really need to be singing along happily like an idiot and finding out that every other word in Sinnerman by Nina Simone is now one of a selection of female body parts
My Name is Sean and I'm here to leech off your genius.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #346
Well I suppose it would require some moderation but a working lyrics database could get popular enough to support it.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #347
Well I suppose it would require some moderation but a working lyrics database could get popular enough to support it.

most of people, using foobar2k are sane  and there's ability to edit lyrics, you just must be registred and i guess have some level... if you don't have enough provelegies, just ask me about that (privatly).

by the way, if you got bad lyrics, you can edit it, and just post back to the database.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #348
Yea seems like the editing works. I thought you can't replace lyrics as the export screen says "added: 0, was: 1"

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #349
there's new build: http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/files/foo_lyricsdb_007_beta5.zip
1) it seems to be compatable vith vista (report please if it really is)
2) it seems to be independent from msvc* dlls (report please if it really is)

unfortunately it does not contain any bugfixes yet