Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dumb (Read 311396 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dumb

Reply #600
Could you please add support for 2 new module formats:

MPTM - ModPlug Tracker format
XRNS - Renoise format (zipped XML)

Thank you very much for all your efforts you put into that wonderful Foobar plugin.

Re: foo_dumb

Reply #601
I have noticed that music from "Unreal" clicks in DUMB 1.0.160 where it does not in either BASS (xmplay or foobar 0.8.3) or ModPlug Tracker. For example "Isotoxin". Also why is that modules unwrapped from UMX without any edits are replayed at higher level and click at different positions? For example "Foundry". Extracting it causes new clicks to appear at second 9 and 13. (It has a bad loop in sample 04 which clicks at second 6 in both cases and all players.)

My settings are 48kHz, blam and full ramping, chipomatic is off. No setting eliminates the clicks.

Reply #602
Turn off modplay, and watch those clicks go away. Modplay and playptmod are designed to behave identical to the original PT/ST3/FT2 trackers, but their mixers are imperfect. Patches welcome.

Reply #603
The description mentions UMX support but I don't see it working - unable to add UMX into foobar playlist. S3M works fine, though.

Reply #604
Are you sure you're adding Unreal Engine UMX archives containing modules? Most of the newer Unreal Engine games use lossy compressed streamed audio, usually Ogg Vorbis.

Reply #605
Yep, these are sure UMX from old Unreal

Reply #606
Playptmod makes a difference. I didn't know what it was for. With it off both file types play the same as expected. Foundry plays well with playptmod off, but Isotoxin is better with it on. To get playback as clickless as in BASS, I also had to adjust DC offset and apply short fades to samples 2 and 4.

I use Unreal Services Package Explorer to extract music. You can also open a map and see its settings, and which music is associated with it, to give untitled songs a name. (UMX, UPackage with just 1 tracked music file inside, has been openable with Foobar directly since the very beginning.)

Reply #607
Umm, something broke playback of module blueberr.stm from my "classics" archive. I've searched online and it appears it is a conversion of blueberry.mod (couldn't find any credits). Although it could be vice versa (or multiple conversions), as some copies of the mod have "st-01" in sample names. Anyway, it sounds broken and off key. Maybe some effect doesn't work correctly?
Here's a link to .mod: https://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=171787 (It sounds correct)
I couldn't find .stm copy anywhere, so had to upload to the first googled filesharing site: http://www.filedropper.com/blueberr
Oh, and I've tried both with and without playptmod checkbox, it's bad anyway (does it even applies for .stm?).
My current foo_dumb is 1.0.160 and I think few months ago there was no problem. I'm not 100% sure, but I couldn't find where to download older versions to test.

Reply #608
I am getting this error since updating "Failed to load DLL: foo_dumb.dll
Reason: The specified procedure could not be found." I assume I need to update something like c++ to make it run but I do not know which version I need. foo_midi is doing it too as both are written by the same author I assume its the same problem.

Reply #609
Maybe you installed them incorrectly. Or you have old bass.dll in the foobar2000 folder.

Reply #610
Maybe you installed them incorrectly. Or you have old bass.dll in the foobar2000 folder.
Nope just install the component file as usual, even uninstalled and deleted the folders to make sure.

Reply #611
There is also supposed to be both a bass.dll and an unmo3.dll.

Reply #613
Strange. Maybe you can run the Dependency Walker to see why it's not loading?

Reply #616
Dependency walker says there is a problem but not exactly what though.

Error: At least one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not found.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

I am sure its a runtime missing or not updated but without knowing which I have no idea.

Reply #617
Dependency walker says there is a problem but not exactly what though.

Error: At least one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not found.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

I am sure its a runtime missing or not updated but without knowing which I have no idea.
save the dependency Walker file and upload it if u can

Reply #621
I have tried both the current stable and beta versions of Foobar, running windows 10. As I said before It maybe a runtime issue, if I could find what this was written it I could go source the runtime.

Reply #622
@FF / MFG: I'll look at it later, but STM is not really a high priority, considering it's not even compatible with .S3M, and I don't have a reverse engineered copy of ST2 to base a proper player on.

@Enigma776: If all else fails, please archive your foobar2000 directory, and your settings directory, or if it's a portable installation, the whole thing, and upload it to Mega or something, and PM me a link where I may retrieve it, so I may examine it.

Reply #624
You have ancient bass.dll in your foobar2000 directory. Remove it. You also have other weird stuff going on like component archives in the components dir.