Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do I create flac, apple lossless and mp3 versions of tracks from a .wav file (Read 1463 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I create flac, apple lossless and mp3 versions of tracks from a .wav file

Years ago, I ripped all my cds to .wav files with EAC. I created a .WAV file per entire CD. There are around 500 cds.  I have a .cue for each as well with the track titles etc.  I've occasionally created the mp3 versions of the tracks on each CD by using cueproc to split the .WAV file and run each with LAME.  Now, I want to get this all sorted out properly. For various listening targets, I need a FLAC, Apple lossless and an MP3 version of each track on each song on the CDs - each in their own folder hierarchy...  <format> artist/year - album title /tracks... sort of idea.

Is there any piece of software that will handle splitting each album .wav file and sending it to each of the encoders to make a version?
Thanks

Re: How do I create flac, apple lossless and mp3 versions of tracks from a .wav file

Reply #2
I need it to split the file and encode the tracks not just sync....will it do that?