Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Option buttons - problem (Read 1648 times) previous topic - next topic

Option buttons - problem

I wanted to add a new shortcut to my button bar, in this case "Quick convert panel"

Unfortunately, the button does not start an option. The same option available from the context menu works fine

Can you check if this is a bug in the program ?

foobar2000 v1.4 beta 11
Windows 8.1 Pro

Re: Option buttons - problem

Reply #1
Such a button works fine here. Did you remember to have some file(s) selected when you clicked the button? A context command requires a context to run on.

Reply #2
Did you remember to have some file(s) selected when you clicked the button? A context command requires a context to run on.
Yes I know about it.
Put a song or songs in your Foobar2000 Playlist pane. Drag and drop from a folder you have of songs. Highlight a song or songs in the Playlist and right click with your mouse pointer over them. Select: Convert. Now either choose Quick Convert (This assumes that you have already setup the conversion options to your liking) or select: ... This opens the Converter Setup dialog......
Unfortunately, I do not know what the problem is that despite the correct configuration, the panel does not appear  :'(

Reply #3
I found a bug (in the Columns UI buttons toolbar) – the 'Active selection' item group does not work when a track is playing. Not sure if it is the specific bug you are experiencing, but it will be fixed for the next version.

[Edit] That was when selection viewers are set to prefer the currently playing track (an option that presumably did not originally exist).

Reply #4
I wanted to add a new shortcut to my button bar, in this case "Quick convert panel"

Unfortunately, the button does not start an option. The same option available from the context menu works fine

Can you check if this is a bug in the program ?

foobar2000 v1.4 beta 11
Windows 8.1 Pro

First! You must create your conversion preset eg Mp3 VBR 192 kbps and save the preset! 
Second - or create shortcut for last used preset and this thing start working.

Reply #5
I found a bug (in the Columns UI buttons toolbar) – the 'Active selection' item group does not work when a track is playing. Not sure if it is the specific bug you are experiencing, but it will be fixed for the next version.
In my case, the "Quick convert panel" appears only when I press the created button while playing the song, when nothing is played, the panel does not appear.

First! You must create your conversion preset eg Mp3 VBR 192 kbps and save the preset! 

"Quick convert" and "[last used]" are two different options

Reply #6
In my case, the "Quick convert panel" appears only when I press the created button while playing the song, when nothing is played, the panel does not appear.
In that case, check what you have set as the item group for that button (in the dialog where you select the command).

The bug I mentioned earlier was also only when selection viewers are set to prefer the currently playing track (an option that presumably did not originally exist).

Reply #7
In that case, check what you have set as the item group for that button (in the dialog where you select the command).
You're right, the problem caused a wrong setting on the "Item group" card. I had set to "Now playing item" and it should be "Active selection". Thank you very much for your help, now everything works as expected.

Reply #8

"Quick convert" and "[last used]" are two different options
Quick convert cant be used without create some preset.
So when you used quick convert its open presets convert menu.