Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burn FPL mp3 playlist as CD? (Read 4387 times) previous topic - next topic

Burn FPL mp3 playlist as CD?

I have created an 80-minute playlist and saved it as a .fpl file. Is there an easy way for me to burn this as an audio CD now? A friend hinted that there might be a way to get fb2k to encode the files as wav and burn them to a CD (using nero behind the scenes, I think) but I have yet to find such an option. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Reply #1
Audio CD writer
Allows direct audio CD burning from any supported audio format.
Uses engine from Nero Burning Rom which must be installed.

Download - size 19.4KB

Foobar components
Music is my first love.

Reply #2
Yes, fooby (w/Nero engine) does it and also:

[span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%']Burrrn[/span]

which is free and don't need no Nero.

Burrrn is a little tool for burrrning audio CDs with CD-Text from various audio files. Supported formats are: wav, mp3, mpc, ogg, aac, mp4, ape, flac, ofr, wv, m3u, pls and fpl playlists and cue sheets. You can also burrrn EAC's noncompliant image + cue sheets! Burrrn can read all types of tags from all these formats (including ape tags in mp3). Burrrn uses cdrdao.exe for burrrning.

"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Reply #3
Do .shn files need to be decoded to wave with an external program then burnt?

Is there anyway to burn them on the fly like nero supports .mp3?

Thank You!

Mix

Reply #4
foobar audio cd writer will decode all files to wav on its own before burning the disc. Including .shn, obviously.

I am pretty sure Nero with mausau's (sp?) weird .shn reading plugin will have to do the same.

An external program for decoding isn't needed in either case though.
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #5
Sorry for asking this in a forum where it doesnt belong in any way, but could anyone point me to a CD burning utility that allows to sort the tracks based on the (ID3V1/APE) tracknumber tag. I've found no way to do this, and it makes me crazy 

Reply #6
Sorry for asking this in a forum where it doesnt belong in any way, but could anyone point me to a CD burning utility that allows to sort the tracks based on the (ID3V1/APE) tracknumber tag. I've found no way to do this, and it makes me crazy 

foobar  Add your tracks to a playlist, sort them, burn them, done...

Reply #7
foobar  Add your tracks to a playlist, sort them, burn them, done...

Yah, i know. It just seems stupid that none of the burning-programs i've tried has this simple(!?) functionality. Anyways, not the right place to discuss this, so nevermind.

EDIT : Sorry, had no idea that the cd writer was this intuitive. Guess i'll use foobar to burn my cds now 

Reply #8
foobar audio cd writer will decode all files to wav on its own before burning the disc. Including .shn, obviously.

I am pretty sure Nero with mausau's (sp?) weird .shn reading plugin will have to do the same.

An external program for decoding isn't needed in either case though.

thanks a lot!!!

Reply #9
@Gul:

With Burrrn I think you can drag and drop from foobar2000's playlist to Burrrn, and it will retain the order.  I'm not at home right now so I can't check this out. Nero's great and all, but Burrrn is simple and really rocks and it's free.