Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4006672 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #7700
I managed to reproduce it. The dialog remembers its position and size. If you first opened it at say 100% DPI, and then later change to 200% DPI and then open the dialog, it will open at the original size (in pixels) and so part of it will be cut off.

It's a bug in foo_bookmarks. I don't think there's any way to fix it other than resetting its configuration e.g. deleting (or moving) foo_bookmarks.dll.cfg when foobar2000 is closed.

Reply #7701
you beat me to it.
exactly, it's a bug in foo_bookmarks_0.3.6
a few days ago i just uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it - same error.
now it gave me no more peace and i have
uninstalled booksmarks again, but this time i also deleted all elements belonging to bookmarks.
reinstalled and now it works again.
thank you again and stay healthy

Reply #7702
Try eliminating individual components, or eliminating individual presets.

EDIT: Beaten by the reply! Good job, you found the problem!

Reply #7703
Hi, musicmusic, I'm a foobar user from 2005. First of all, thanks for your work with this component. I use CUI (obviously) and it's great. The only problem is that Facets , Spectrogram can't be added to the layout, they're only popup panels (and obviously this is far from ideal).
When will this inconvenient disappear? When we'll be able to integrate DUI panels (Facets, Spectrogram)  in CUI panels?
Also, I'm sure that this is a request that other people want, too . This change it will be well received.
Thanks for reading :)

Reply #7704
DUI panel support has already been requested, and acknowledged.

Reply #7705
Hi everyone. First time here. I'm new to Columns UI and I have a question. Apologies if I'm asking something obvious, but I've been struggling to do something and I can't find a way to do it. I'm using the DarkOne Foobar skin, which uses Columns UI. I've attached a screenshot. What I'd like to do is have a fourth category "Composers" in the filters panel on the left, together with the existing Genre, Artist, and Album categories. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I listen to a lot of classical music and have many files tagged by composer. Thanks!

Reply #7706
Hi everyone. First time here. I'm new to Columns UI and I have a question. Apologies if I'm asking something obvious, but I've been struggling to do something and I can't find a way to do it. I'm using the DarkOne Foobar skin, which uses Columns UI. I've attached a screenshot. What I'd like to do is have a fourth category "Composers" in the filters panel on the left, together with the existing Genre, Artist, and Album categories. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I listen to a lot of classical music and have many files tagged by composer. Thanks!

I use album list panel. In the past I used the Filter Panel. I think what you should do is:
- Add a 4th Filter Panel for the composer (image1)
- In Preferences / Columns UI / Filters / Fields, add a new Field for the composer (image2)

Reply #7707
IIRC, Spider Monkey Panel can get the flags from any menu item. That's fine if you want to query it on startup/on demand, not so good for visual indicators which I'd expect to update in real time regardless of how the settings are changed, Without some sort of associated callbacks provided via the SDK, I'm guessing that isn't possible??

Sorry, I got distracted and have been away. Yes, I am indeed using a button in a Spider Monkey Panel and toggling the image (as well as performing the appropriate command) when the button is clicked. How would I get those menu item flags? In this case, that is for the "View/Playlist view/Show groups" command in columns ui. I imagine that getting the current value can be done once at startup, and a variable or text file can be manipulated as needed from there.

Reply #7708
IIRC, Spider Monkey Panel can get the flags from any menu item. That's fine if you want to query it on startup/on demand, not so good for visual indicators which I'd expect to update in real time regardless of how the settings are changed, Without some sort of associated callbacks provided via the SDK, I'm guessing that isn't possible??

Sorry, I got distracted and have been away. Yes, I am indeed using a button in a Spider Monkey Panel and toggling the image (as well as performing the appropriate command) when the button is clicked. How would I get those menu item flags? In this case, that is for the "View/Playlist view/Show groups" command in columns ui. I imagine that getting the current value can be done once at startup, and a variable or text file can be manipulated as needed from there.
IsMainMenuCommandChecked("View/Playlist view/Show Groups")

If you need want to keep this in sync you could add it as an interval:
Code: [Select]
let showingGroups = false;  // used to draw correct button
setInterval(() => {
    const val = IsMainMenuCommandChecked("View/Playlist view/Show Groups");
    if (val != showingGroups) {
        showingGroups = val;
        window.RepaintRect(...fill in your buttons bounds here...);
    }
}, 1000);

Reply #7709
Ah yes, MordredKLB, that works a treat with one addition: the check function needed a namespace, so it ended up as

fb.IsMainMenuCommandChecked("View/Playlist view/Show Groups")

Thank you.  :))

Reply #7710
Ah yes, MordredKLB, that works a treat with one addition: the check function needed a namespace, so it ended up as
Oops! Copy paste fail. Glad you figured it out!

Reply #7711
I use Columns UI and I have the following problem:
As seen in the image when painting the date to the right of the% Album% they are painted ...

The grouping contains the following script:

$puts(calbum,$rgb(200,200,200))
$puts(cdate,$rgb(180,180,180))
$get(calbum)$upper($get(%album%))
$rgb(60,60,60)
'  '$repeat('—',85)
$tab(-1)$get(cdate)%date%' '

Reply #7712
It looks like group titles don't obey the 'Display ellipses in truncated text' setting and always have ellipses enabled.

I can't see changing it to respect that setting being a problem, so I could change it to respect it.

Reply #7713
It looks like group titles don't obey the 'Display ellipses in truncated text' setting and always have ellipses enabled.

I can't see changing it to respect that setting being a problem, so I could change it to respect it.

The "Display ellipses in truncated text" box is disabled.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021