Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Listening Test: 320kbps vs Lossless (Read 57383 times) previous topic - next topic

Listening Test: 320kbps vs Lossless

Reply #25
You are able to hear differences when giving all your best within a situation that has nothing to do with practical listening even when listening carefully, but it looks like the differences were subtle and they are audible only on rare occasion.
Please come on, don't be a bad "loser" .

??? This was an introduction to the practical consequences of NIXin's test, and sure the abx situation has not much in common with practical listening.

This doesn't reduce the value of NIXin's abx test, and I gave him congratulations for his success.
lame3995o -Q1.7 --lowpass 17

Reply #26

But I can absolutly hear the diferrence between MP3 at 320kbps and lossless file. Maybe not on all kinds of music, but the ones that I usually listen to have lots of details that are lost. Heck, I can even spot the diferrence between lossless 16-bit and lossless 24-bit file.

I do personally not believe that you are able to do this, so please proove me wrong by posting some ABX tests here...

I just wanted to clarify what i meant with the above...

Of course i believe that it is possible to ABX 320KB MP3 against lossless on various MP3 problem samples and if having good hearing, however, what i stated to not believe where solely that someone should be able to tell the difference on all the music he normally listened too and that there where lots of details that would get lost in general with 320kb MP3. Other than that, then i also didn't believe that somebody could abx 16 bit lossless against 24bit lossless on normal music playback.

Other than that clarification, then i just wanted to say thanks for the abx report, NIXin - and that i also think that you are being a good sport about this whole thing

Reply #27
But I can absolutly hear the diferrence between MP3 at 320kbps and lossless file. Maybe not on all kinds of music, but the ones that I usually listen to have lots of details that are lost. Heck, I can even spot the diferrence between lossless 16-bit and lossless 24-bit file.

I do personally not believe that you are able to do this, so please proove me wrong by posting some ABX tests here...

Me ... by using a US$200 in-ear phone the differences is noticeable ... YES! It's noticeable, but by using A-B comparison ONLY.
If NOT ... SORRY, bro! the ear that God give to me is not well maintenance ... so, I hear NO differences.

Reply #28
And now?

Whats the purpose of resurrecting such an old thread?