Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: HDCD Submission (Read 1709 times) previous topic - next topic

HDCD Submission

I hope this is the right forum to post this information. I've scanned all my CDs for HDCD encoding with fb2k, and I thought I'd submit the information for the List of HDCDs article on the wiki. Some of these CDs are on neither the wiki nor the Head-Fi list, and some are on the Head-Fi list, but the active HDCD features haven't been documented before. Entries with an asterisk are referenced in table 4. It's possible that there should be more entries in table 3, but I haven't exhaustively checked every case and disc to see if I have more CDs with HDCD branding that weren't actually made with HDCD equipment.

Code: [Select]
Artist                    Album                                Label         Features

Table 1: HDCD with decoding benefits

Alabama                   For The Record (Disc 1)              Case, Disc*   PE, -4.0 dB min
Brad Paisley              Who Needs Pictures                   Case, Disc    PE, -4.0 dB min
Brooks & Dunn             If You See Her                       Case, Disc    PE, -4.0 dB min
Brooks & Dunn             The Greatest Hits Collection         None*         PE, -4.0 dB min
Collin Raye               The Best Of Collin Raye: Direct Hits Case, Disc    PE, -4.0 dB min
Collin Raye               The Walls Came Down                  Case, Disc    PE, -4.0 dB min
DC Talk                   Supernatural                         Case, Disc*   PE, -4.0 dB min
Deana Carter              Did I Shave My Legs For This?        Case, Disc*   PE, -4.0 dB min
Dixie Chicks              Fly                                  Case          PE
Dixie Chicks              Wide Open Spaces                     Case, Disc    PE, -4.0 dB min
George Strait             Blue Clear Sky                       Case, Disc    PE, -4.0 dB min
George Strait             Carrying Your Love With Me           None*         PE, -4.0 dB min
George Strait             One Step At A Time                   Case, Disc    PE, -4.0 dB min
Jamie O'Neal              Brave                                None*         PE
Kenny Chesney             Everywhere We Go                     Case, Disc    PE, -4.0 dB min
Kenny Chesney             Greatest Hits                        None          PE
Kenny Chesney             No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems      Case          PE
Lee Ann Womack            Lee Ann Womack                       Case, Disc    PE, -4.0 dB min
Lee Ann Womack            Some Things I Know                   Case, Disc    PE, -4.0 dB min
Mark Chesnutt             I Don't Want To Miss A Thing         Case, Disc    PE, -4.0 dB min
Mark Wills                Wish You Were Here                   None          PE, -4.0 dB min
Martina McBride           Evolution                            Case, Disc    PE, -4.0 dB min
Martina McBride           Greatest Hits                        Disc          PE
Michiru Oshima            Fullmetal Alchemist OST 1            None*         PE
Pam Tillis                Greatest Hits                        Case, Disc*   PE, -4.0 dB min
Sara Evans                Born To Fly                          Case, Disc    PE
Toby Keith                How Do You Like Me Now?!             Case, Disc    PE
Toby Keith                Pull My Chain                        Case, Disc    PE
Tracy Byrd                Big Love                             Case, Disc    PE, -4.0 dB min
Tracy Byrd                I'm From The Country                 Case, Disc    PE, -4.0 dB min
Tracy Lawrence            The Best Of Tracy Lawrence           None*         PE, -4.0 dB min
Vince Gill                High Lonesome Sound                  Case, Disc    PE, -4.0 dB min

Table 2: HDCD with no decoding benefits

Brad Paisley              Mud On The Tires                     Case, Disc*   TF
Brad Paisley              Part II                              Case          None
Brooks & Dunn             Steers & Stripes                     Case, Disc    None
Buffy the Vampire Slayer  Once More, With Feeling              None          None
Danielle Bradbery         I Don't Believe We've Met            None          None
Dierks Bentley            Dierks Bentley                       None          None
Dierks Bentley            Modern Day Drifter                   None          None
Eric Church               Chief                                None          None
Jamie O'Neal              Shiver                               Case, Disc    None
Jana Kramer               Thirty One                           None          None
Kacey Musgraves           Pageant Material                     None          None
Kacey Musgraves           Same Trailer Different Park          None          None
Kenny Chesney             Greatest Hits II                     None          None
Kenny Chesney             Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates       None          None
Kenny Chesney             The Road And The Radio               Case, Disc    None
Kenny Chesney             When The Sun Goes Down               Case, Disc    None
Kip Moore                 Up All Night                         None          None
Lee Ann Womack            Greatest Hits                        Disc          None
Lee Ann Womack            I Hope You Dance                     Case, Disc    None
Lee Ann Womack            Something Worth Leaving Behind       Case, Disc    None
Mannheim Steamroller      Christmas Extraordinaire             Case          None
Mark Wills                And The Crowd Goes Wild              None          None
Phil Vassar               Shaken Not Stirred                   Case, Disc    None
RaeLynn                   Wildhorse                            None          None
Tim McGraw                Live Like You Were Dying             None          None
Trace Adkins              Greatest Hits Collection, Volume 1   None          None

Table 3: HDCD with no packets

Sara Evans                No Place That Far                    Case, Disc

Table 4: HDCD with inconsistencies

Artist                    Album                                Notes
Alabama                   For The Record (Disc 1)              Tracks 1, 2, 3 only (i.e. new tracks)
Brad Paisley              Mud On The Tires                     All tracks are intermittent
Brooks & Dunn             The Greatest Hits Collection         Tracks 2, 5, 13 only (i.e. new tracks)
DC Talk                   Supernatural                         Tracks 1, 2, 8, 10 have 0.0 dB min
Deana Carter              Did I Shave My Legs For This?        Track  11 has -2.5 dB min
George Strait             Carrying Your Love With Me           Track  10 has -3.0 dB min
Jamie O'Neal              Brave                                Tracks 1, 2; 3 is "intermittent"
Michiru Oshima            Fullmetal Alchemist OST 1            Track  3 only
Pam Tillis                Greatest Hits                        Track  12 has -2.0 dB min
Tracy Lawrence            The Best Of Tracy Lawrence           Tracks 7 and 14 only