Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Exact Audio Copy V1.4rc5/rc6/final comments and issues (Read 5403 times) previous topic - next topic

Exact Audio Copy V1.4rc5/rc6/final comments and issues

https://twitter.com/exactaudiocopy
I don't have a twitter account so I can't make comments there. I've already emailed Andre but perhaps someone with a twitter account will link this thread.

Initial test rc5.
The CTDB EAC Plugin wasn't updated to the workaround version found in this topic https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=113906.0 and the buffer issue wasn't addressed in EAC so the crash still happens when there are too many results for the buffer to handle with the plugin supplied in the installer.

I've only run a couple tests on the 2nd encoder so far.
Encoder#1: FLAC; Encoder#2: LAME
All files are written to the same location.
Ticking 'Add ID3 tag' didn't create tags in the mp3 files created by the second encoder but tagging with 'Additional command line options' worked OK.
edit: I reversed the encoders: Encoder#1: LAME; Encoder#2: FLAC
Ticking 'Add ID3 tag' for Encoder#1 works OK but ID3 tags are also added for Encoder#2 even though that box isn't ticked for that encoder.

I'll run additional tests later and comment.
I haven't looked at the new MusicBrainz plugin yet.
korth

Re: Exact Audio Copy V1.4rc5/rc6 comments and issues

Reply #1
Summary
issue - red text
fixed issue - green text
comment/observation only (not likely to change in this version) - black text

v1.4rc5
CTDB Plugin

MusicBrainz plugin
  • appears to be the freedb plugin modified to work with MusicBrainz (original freedb plugin removed from installer)
  • Annoyance: Search animation (moving green bar) continues after "No CD information found" message appears (someone may think the plugin is endlessly searching).
  • Program Freeze after searching for covers then trying a new metadata search. (caught in a later release candidate, also exists in this candidate)

multi-command-line-encoder support comments and issues
  • 'Use ID3 tag' checkbox for encoder 1 enables ID3 for both encoders.
    'Use ID3 tag' checkbox for encoder 2 does nothing.
  • Files created from both encoders are saved to the same folder
    (unless there's a setting somewhere I missed)
  • Extraction log shows Command line compressor, Additional command line options and other info for the 1st encoder only
  • Filename Naming scheme: %albumartist%\%albumtitle%\%tracknr2%. %title%
    Okay encoder 1 but encoder 2 only uses %tracknr2%. %title%
  • Extraction log shows Filename Path for the 1st encoder only in both logs (this is the path to the WAV file which is the same for both encoders)
  • 'Copy Image & Create CUE Sheet' creates a CUE for the 1st encoder only (CUE sheet is created prior to extraction and compression)
  • 'Copy Image & Create CUE Sheet' creates an extraction log file* for the 1st encoder only

I completely missed the new Additional Filename tab for Encoder 2. Re-tested, amended comments for stricken lines.
  • Track files from each encoder can be saved to separate folders using the two Filename tabs.
  • Separate Extraction log file* for each encoder when track files are saved to separate folders.
  • Both extraction logs are saved to one file* (appended) when both encoders save track files to the same location.

v1.4rc6
CTDB Plugin
  • fix for plugin buffer issue didn't work
  • CTDB plugin wasn't updated to 'workaround' version for above issue
  • still crashes when the plugin returns too much data

MusicBrainz plugin
  • Program Freeze after searching for covers then trying a new metadata search. (caught in a later release candidate, also exists in this candidate)

multi-command-line-encoder support comments and issues
  • 'Use ID3 tag' checkbox seems fixed both encoders track mode.

v1.4rc (private)
same as rc6 except new fix for buffer issue
CTDB Plugin
  • new fix for plugin buffer issue works on test CD

MusicBrainz plugin

*if 'Automatically write status report after extraction' is checked

korth

Re: Exact Audio Copy V1.4rc5 comments and issues

Reply #2
@korth - I just made a twitter reply with the link to this post

Reply #3
  • Not tagging files with image.  It doesn't matter the format.
EZ CD Audio Converter / FLAC or WavPack

Reply #4
I've only tested flac and lame.exe so far but the only way I've been able to duplicate this is by excluding a %coverfile% tag from the 'Additional command line options' or by removing the tick from 'Add cover image to ID3V2 tag' on the 'ID3 Tag' tab.
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=102677.0
korth

Reply #5
There it is.
It was FFmpeg not writing image to flac.

It worked perfectly after I went back to flac.exe and updated command-line.

I may have FFmpeg command-line wrong. 🤔

Reply #6
I've added initial comments about EAC V1.4rc6 in the summary of post Reply #1
korth

Reply #7
[premature link removed]
Is 1.4 done?

Reply #8
No. Do not use as final release. I found an issue that will cause the program to freeze.

Edit:
The final release is out (beta testing is over).
korth