Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: PROBLEM WITH QAAC MAKEPORTABLE (Read 11202 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: PROBLEM WITH QAAC MAKEPORTABLE

Reply #25
Have you actually downloaded makeportable2.zip?
makeportable2.cmd shouldn't say the same error message as makeportable since it doesn't search for AppleApplicationSupport at all.
hi @nu774
does the coder update makeportable2.cmd  recently ?
because i just re-download makeportable2.cmd and iTunes64Setup.exe v12.10.9.3 ,copyed  (7z.dll 7z.exe  7-zip.dll) all 32bit version
and today works!
few days ago ,it doesn't work
thanks

Reply #26
No, not updated.

Reply #27
I think there is an issue with the makeportable2 script when the working folder has a space in the name. I would get a windows installer window popup when it ran the msiexec command.

i change this line from this
Code: [Select]
msiexec /a %2 /qn TARGETDIR=%cd%\__TMP__
to this
Code: [Select]
msiexec /a %2 /qn TARGETDIR="%cd%\__TMP__"
which makes the script work for me.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #28
Thanks for pointing it out.
Updated makeportable2 now.

Reply #29
Anyone keeping track of what's the latest version of "CoreAudioToolbox", there used to be an older forum thread where every now and then someone would write something like:

iTunes 12.9.1.4 --> CoreAudioToolbox 7.10.9.0

That's actually the last information i have on it.

EDIT;
I found the answer myself:
iTunes 12.11.0.26 --> CoreAudioToolbox 7.10.9.0

Note, I only got the iTunes version from the windows properties box, not by actually installing.

Reply #30
I don't know enough about cmd files or command lines to easily find the problem, but I thought I'd report it and I'm happy to run tests if required.

I downloaded makeportable2 and iTunes64Setup version 12.10.11.2. I have a 64 bit version of 7zip installed on Win7.
On Win7 (64 bit), makeportable2 opens a command prompt window, which immediately closes again.
On XP, iTunes64.msi is extracted and the QTfiles64 folder is created, but after iTunes64.msi is deleted the QTfiles64 folder is empty.

After finding QTfiles64-extractor.cmd in a post in this thread I gave it a try.
On Win7 (64 bit), the same thing happens as for makeportable2.cmd, so maybe there's a Win7 thing I don't understand.
On XP, QTfiles64-extractor.cmd works and the expected files are extracted to the QTfiles64 folder.

Cheers.

Edit. Looking at the above post, it seems I didn't have the latest iTunes64 installer. I thought I'd downloaded the latest full installer from the Apple site, so I downloaded version 12.12.2 from VideoHelp. The result was the same. I could only extract the files with QTfiles64-extractor.cmd on XP.
For the record, the included CoreAudioToolbox hasn't changed version numbers. It's still 7.10.9.0 according to Windws/Properties. The file date is different though. From iTunes64Setup.exe 12.12.2, CoreAudioToolbox is dated 2021/10/26. From iTunes64Setup 12.10.11.2 it's dated 2021/03/29.

Reply #31
I downloaded makeportable2 and iTunes64Setup version 12.10.11.2. I have a 64 bit version of 7zip installed on Win7.
On Win7 (64 bit), makeportable2 opens a command prompt window, which immediately closes again.
On XP, iTunes64.msi is extracted and the QTfiles64 folder is created, but after iTunes64.msi is deleted the QTfiles64 folder is empty.
The newest iTunes64Setup.exe is downloadable here: https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/win64 .  Currently that is version 12.12.2.2, with a digital signature date of October 26, 2021.

If you try to run makeportable2.cmd using the "Run as Adminstrator" context menu choice it will fail.  Also, because it creates and later deletes a work folder it can be interfered with by user permissions.  Here is my environment, and a test in real-time:

1.  Windows10  x64 21H1, Local Adminstrator account, UAC is "off," using Windows Defender built-in antivirus.

2.  Created the folder C:\Test, and put iTunes64Setup.exe and makeportable2.cmd in it.

3.  Double-clicked makeportable2.cmd; it opens a command window, runs briefly to a  "Everything is OK" message, then pauses for about 10 seconds (do not close the  window!).  Then, it resumes, and you see it creating the "temp" folder, extracting files, etc.  Finally it ends by closing the window itself automatically.

4.  The folder QTfiles64 is created and contains 57 items.  Operation successful.

In case you have a "borked" makeportable2.cmd file, try using the one attached which I just used for the demo (unzip first of course).

Reply #32
so maybe there's a Win7 thing I don't understand

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
7-Zip 19.00 x64
Latest iTunes64Setup.exe (same as sveakul posted above)
Latest makeportable2.cmd from nu774's git

Works perfectly here. Something is wrong with your system.
UAC is disabled and I am running latest Simplix's UpdatePack7R2 (basically all updates without telemetry and other bullshit)
gold plated toslink fan

Reply #33
I'd be will to concede there may be something wrong with the old Win7 laptop. I have all the UAC crap disabled but there could be something odd happening.

Is there anything in the makeportable2.cmd file that'd stop it playing nice on XP?
I downloaded the makeportable2 and iTunes setup files sveakul linked to and tried again. On XP makeportable2 still produces an empty QTfiles64 folder. I can briefly see the "everything is okay" message, followed by a couple of lines displaying file sizes, and it does extract and delete iTunes64.msi.

For fun I downloaded the 32 bit iTunes installer and tried extracting the files. Same result.
QTfiles64-extractor.cmd works fine on XP for iTunes64.exe 12.12.2.2. I haven't re-tested them on the Win7 laptop yet.

Cheers.

Reply #34
FWIW, the last itunes with win 7 support was 12.10.11.2.   I suspect the extracted libs that makeportable creates would also be incompatable w/ win 7.