Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC v1.4.3 (Release) (Read 9022 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: FLAC v1.4.3 (Release)

Reply #1
Full range of compiles now available on Rarewares. :)

Reply #3
Thanks to all involved in the making of FLAC v1.4.3.

But, I have one question. I tried the new builds, posted above, they all still say "reference libFLAC 1.4.2 20221022"
Is that intended?

Reply #4
Hmmm, the Rarewares compiles all show "reference libFLAC 1.4.3 20230623".

Reply #5
@TuNk77

Tested encoding with all of John's Binaries & DLL's and they all show "reference libFLAC 1.4.3 20230623".

Same thing goes for the binaries i posted above.

Reply #6
I'm sorry, I made a mistake, I forgot to change the commandline encoder settings in foobar2000.
I have set a customized parameter in the the commandline encoder settings in foobar2000.

Previously I just changed "additional commandline encoder paths" in foobar2000, no wonder that the newly encoded file still said "reference libFLAC 1.4.2 20221022"

Thanks, again guys :)

Reply #7
 :)  ;)  O:)

Reply #8
These compiles are using the CPU optimization x86-64-v3 similar to haswell including AVX2.
Inside are builds with Clang 16.0.5, GCC 13.1.0 and a "disable-asm-optimizations" version with faster 16bit performance but slower 24bit performance for the use in CD format apps like CUETools or EAC.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #9
Oddly enough, when using the RareWares AVX2 compiles, I get intermittent access violation errors (-1073741819), but (so far) only when running the test command (-t) and only when testing multiple files in parallel.  I can't reproduce with the vanilla RareWare compiles.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Windows 11, Ryzen 3900X (which ostensibly supports AVX2)

Reply #10
Oddly enough, when using the RareWares AVX2 compiles, I get intermittent access violation errors (-1073741819), but (so far) only when running the test command (-t) and only when testing multiple files in parallel.  I can't reproduce with the vanilla RareWare compiles.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Windows 11, Ryzen 3900X (which ostensibly supports AVX2)
Hmmm, thanks for the info. It's a GCC 13.1.0 compile. I'll try a different version of the 13.1.0 compiler and  make it available for testing.

Reply #13
Recompile for testing: https://www.rarewares.org/files/lossless/flac-1.4.3-x64-AVX2-T.zip

I'm unable to reproduce the error after multiple runs with this revised compile.  8)
OK, thanks for that. I'll replace the one on Rarewares.

Edit: Done.

Reply #14
32-bit libflac from rarewares is not working with SoX 14.4.2 on windows 7. libflac from official github release is working.

Reply #15
Ah, it's the good old naming problem - libfac.dll versus libflac_dynamic.dll. Thanks for the notification, I'll sort it in the morning.

Reply #16
Are AVX2 compiles actually faster?
Any chances for AVX512 compile for testing? Since I have Ryzen 7800X3D. I could benchmark if I could know how to do it.

Reply #17
Ah, it's the good old naming problem - libfac.dll versus libflac_dynamic.dll. Thanks for the notification, I'll sort it in the morning.
Uploaded a set of dlls without 'dynamic' in the name, so two sets are available one with and the other without 'dynamic' in the name. Functionally they are identical.

Reply #18
Unfortunately, it ssems that problem is not filename. Actually, i do rename them all to "libflac-8.dll" (this is the name of libflac dll in vanilla release of SoX 14.4.2 from sourceforge).

Reply #19
Apologies for that, I found an Intel compile option that was causing the problem. Recompiled and freshly uploaded. I've removed the 'dynamic' named options as I don't believe anything uses that name.

Reply #21
I've removed the 'dynamic' named options as I don't believe anything uses that name.
On Windows, CUETools and CDex both reference "libFLAC_dynamic.dll".

Reply #22
I've removed the 'dynamic' named options as I don't believe anything uses that name.
On Windows, CUETools and CDex both reference "libFLAC_dynamic.dll".
Oh, marvelous!! I'll reinstate new versions. I'd love to know how we got into the dual naming position, it's irritating, to say the least!

Edit: 'Dynamic' named dlls available again at Rarewares.

Reply #24
Apologies for that, I found an Intel compile option that was causing the problem. Recompiled and freshly uploaded.
Thanks. It works now.