Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_autoplaylist (Read 22371 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_autoplaylist

I've noticed that the optional components page for a while now that a better version of the Autoplaylist Manager component will be coming out at some point. I'm not trying to apply any pressure  I was just wondering how its progress is going... I've noticed a few things that are a little annoying in the current component but I have so far held asking for them to be changed. So, what might we expect from a new version?

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #1
The single most annoying thing that will be fixed is the inability to edit the settings of existing autoplaylists. Also planned is a wizard to guide new users through the process of creating an autoplaylist. While this wizard currently is the only part of the new user interface that is already implemented[a href="http://foosion.foobar2000.org/0.9/images/autoplaylist/" target="_blank"][/a], it will be possible to disable it in the final versions.

As for other new features, well, I have thought about the possibility to restrict the size of an autoplaylist. However, to my great dismay I have found it even harder than expected to add this properly to the autoplaylist backend, so it might stay on the todo/wishlist for quite a while longer.

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #2
The single most annoying thing that will be fixed is the inability to edit the settings of existing autoplaylists.
Ah thank you, thank you, thank you!
That is probably the only real gripe I have at the moment, so I'll await the new version eargerly
Thanks again.

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #3
by the way...

i created an autoplaylist with the following query: %path% HAS 80s (which would add all files in my "80s Music" dir. is there a way to automaticly update the playlist?
lets say i would add a new file to my 80s-music place on my harddisk.
what i do now:
- insert the file manually to the foobar-playlist, or:
- rescan media library (wich takes very, very long...)
is there a way to do this automaticly with autoplaylist? i know there is a way to do this with winamp, and i really liked this feature.

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #4
"playlist_bind" should do that....

for autoplaylist the files have to be part of the ML.

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #5
Right now it's a little slow for me when the program start with a 10000+ songs ML and more than 10 autoplaylists and some with complex search strings. So foosion could you add an option allow us not  to update the autoplaylist at program start and a button to refresh the autoplaylist, right now I have to restart foobar to update those autoplaylist or I miss something. One more, in the context menu of playlist an "update this autoplaylist" would be great.

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #6
right now I have to restart foobar to update those autoplaylist or I miss something. One more, in the context menu of playlist an "update this autoplaylist" would be great.
An autoplaylist should update automatically when the contents of the media library changes. Manual update seems like a sensible idea for large libraries, so I'll put it on the wishlist. I cannot promise that it will be in the first new version.

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #7
thanks.

EDIT: It seems that the double quotation marks (") does not work. If I use "%path% HAS "Album Music"" it acts as "%path% HAS Album OR %path% HAS Music" I think it should find the songs with path have "Album Music" string, is it a bug?

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #8
Hmm. I noticed a little Bug i think. The autoplaylist component doesnt show up in the preferences Dialog, which im using to check the Version Number. It isnt very important, but it would be nice to fix this

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #9
An autoplaylist should update automatically when the contents of the media library changes.
In this circumstance, it seems to fail. After remove files from library then autoplaylist updates but if I readd those files then nothing happen.

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #10
In this circumstance, it seems to fail. After remove files from library then autoplaylist updates but if I readd those files then nothing happen.
This is intended behaviour of the media library. If you remove files from it, they cannot be re-added until after you restart foobar2000. This is to prevent them being accidentally added back, because foobar2000 monitors files that are added to the playlist and adds them automatically to the media library, if they match criteria you set on the media library preferences page.

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #11
on normal playlists the selected track after starting foobar is the last one played before closing. on autoplaylist it is still the first one of the playlist and the sorting always changes also if i havent insert a sorting format - than it changes to something like %filename% or %artist%%title% or whatever but i like it that the foobar starts as if i closed it.

this is caused by the refreshing of the playlist cause for about 1 or 2 seconds at start i can see the old playlist and than it will be refreshed...

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #12
another question:

how to make a autoplaylist for missing albumgain and trackgain files?

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #13
i think it's not possible at the moment, cause you need somethink like IS_NOT or !GREATER but maybe someone else has find a freakin query string for that.

by the way i have a foo_autoplaylist.dll in my components folder but i dont find it under preferences --> components.

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #14
What about the NOT operator. Example:
Code: [Select]
NOT "[%__replaygain_album_gain%]" IS ?*

Note: This checks if the field %__replaygain_album_gain% exists and is at least one character long.

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #15
thx foosion!

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #16
@foosion: if it's your plugin, can you update the help inside the plugin? or where can i read the hints on such query strings?

little bit offtopic: is there a possibility to see all available %variables% on my foobar set?

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #17
@foosion: if it's your plugin, can you update the help inside the plugin? or where can i read the hints on such query strings?
The current autoplaylist component already has a help button in the "Autoplaylist manager" window which opens a window with some help text. This help text unfortunately lacks the description of the MISSING operator and isn't structured all that well (it's just plain text after all). I already fixed both issues in the new version.

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #18
help button in the "Autoplaylist manager" window ... which opens a window with some help text. This help text unfortunately lacks the description of the MISSING operator and isn't structured all that well (it's just plain text after all).
yes i know the button, but the help is not very detailed like you said.

I already fixed both issues in the new version.
where is it? :-)

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #19
I look forward to the new foo_autoplaylist, I was just wondering if we could have a way to export all the autoplaylists's that we created so that if foobar2000 crashes at anytime, we can import our playlists.

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #20
yes it is annoying. in the majority of cases foobar crashes the autoplaylist are away but everything else is ok. so it would be cool to export it in a readable way - a csv-file or something like this - or the crash stability will be improved

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #21
You can use the "File/Save configuration" command to save the configuration file and all the playlists to prevent losing unsaved settings. I haven't lost my configuration in a crash since 0.9 final at least, and the components I use don't crash on a regular basis either.

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #22
"File/Save configuration" where is it?

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #23
"File/Save configuration" where is it?
You can access this command via keyboard shortcut.
Preferences > General > Keyboard Shortcuts : File/Save Configuration

foo_autoplaylist

Reply #24
ahh okay i thought i could save it in another file than foobar2000.cfg, but its only the same as the [save all] button in preferences.

what should this help? my configuration is saved but foobar crashes or will be killed on shutdown and after the next start all autoplaylists are away while the rest of foobar looks like everytime and is set to the same parameters like everytime.