Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates (Read 148414 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates

Reply #300
I want that particular window to show everything from the component's page. And I'll install whatever I want.

Reply #301
Would like to have the ability to customize what double clicking album art does.

Reply #302
I would like an additional playback mode, please: Play Once.

Sometimes I just want to click files on a playlist and have them play once, without moving on to the next song or making a one-item playlist or setting "Stop After Current" each time. :)
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #303
I would like an additional playback mode, please: Play Once.

Sometimes I just want to click files on a playlist and have them play once, without moving on to the next song or making a one-item playlist or setting "Stop After Current" each time. :)

Preferences / Playback

You can achieve that with enabled Stop After Current but unchecked Reset the above when stopping.
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #304
I'm aware of that, but I don't want to go into preferences and change that option every time I want to change playback mode. I use Stop After Current a lot, and in general (>99% of the time) I prefer it to be reset after stopping. Basically, it would just be a whole lot more convenient for my use case if there were a Play Once mode in the Playback Mode dropdown box.

Reply #305
I'm aware of that, but I don't want to go into preferences and change that option every time I want to change playback mode.

You don't have to go into preferences, you can disable it at Playback menu / Stop After Current.
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #306
You don't have to go into preferences, you can disable it at Playback menu / Stop After Current.
Sorry, I meant changing the option for Stop After Current to Reset After Stopping. You can't make a button for that and it isn't in a context menu, only in preferences.

I use Stop After Current a lot and I need it to always reset after playback stops. Ticking the box to make it not reset would be the equivalent of me having to go into preferences every time I, say, want to change playback mode from Default to Shuffle (except in this case it would be Play Once).

Reply #307
Hey guys, hey Peter, I have two suggestions regarding transferring of album art, here "folder.jpg" and "cover.jpg".

a) I use the converter to split classical music for target devices into works. It's complicated code. If converter code splits one album into multiple folders, "Copy other files to destination folder" does not copy the files into any new folder. It just seems to copy into one (the first?) folder. This is a real problem after batch conversion of 100s of works, it is too much work to find and copy all album art folders manually.
Suggestion: Copy files from the source folder into each newly created target folder.
EDIT: Screenshot attached. You can see, the files originate from one album (source was a flac file from one folder), the seperate works got split into multiple folders, but only the first one gets the album art.

b) Speaking about huge batch jobs. Sometimes there is the need to interrupt them. But then you have to restart from scratch, because replaygain and file copy are done after all conversion jobs.
Suggestion: Reconsider the order. It may be preferable to do 1. convert folder 1- replaygain folder 1 - copy files.... then convert folder 2 - replaygain folder 2... copy files.
May be I am not seeing the complications of grouping it to seperate jobs, but maybe there is a way to reorder the jobs to make it more failsafe.

Reply #308
May I ask if can provide a 64-bit Windows Build?

Reply #309
May I ask if can provide a 64-bit Windows Build?

there is no 64bit version of Foobar2000 for Windows yet..
only ANDROID/iOS has a 64bit version...
as far as I know..

Reply #310
I'm looking for a way to convert audio files with higher bitrates to smaller formats, when copying them on my Ipod using the ipod manager tool. Itunes offers this option, but I would prefer using foobar of course! thanks

screenshot:
https://postimg.cc/7GBCxv2m

Reply #311
I would like to have a playlist tab which always keeps the currently played album, even if I click around on the album list panel. Right now, I can see no obvious way to restore the "currently played album" view.
audiophile // flac & wavpack, mostly // using too many audio players

Reply #312
You can drag or send via right-click albums for playing to one playlist and browse the library in another playlist and remember to not start playback there. There is an option in Preferences called "Library viewer selection playlist" to enable this.

Reply #313
That option is actually enabled, but there seems to be no obvious way to automatically create a playlist from an album which I "Play in foobar2000" (context menu). Your suggestion might work, but it is not quite as comfy yet. (Still, thank you.)

Reply #314
You could have Foobar send files from command-line to the Default (or another) playlist instead of the currently activated one, which might be the volatile Library. It's in Preferences, Shell Integration. Although it seems one has to choose between enqueue and immediate playback there, and the latter then erases the contents of the playlist. I don't have much experience with using file associations in Foobar.

Reply #315
Ah, thank you, that solved the problem in a way: I chose "Always send files to the playlist", created a "Now Playing" playlist and now everything works exactly as I want it to. I rarely "Enqueue" (and if I do, I use Drag and Drop, just to be sure).

You see, I don't use foobar2000 professionally enough yet ... :-)
Fixed for me!

Reply #316
I've been using Foobar2000 since 2007 and it's covered my needs spectacularly! So I wanted to say thank you so much to those who have developed it over all these years. I know there are a few items in this post, but after using it for so long these are the only things I can think of for my wishlist. I know there are a few workarounds and different ways to handle things, but these options would just make things easier and more convenient for me.

1. Save shuffle between program restarts.
2. Option to limit Skip Silence DSP to specified playlists (I already use different DSPs depending on whether I use speakers or headphones, or if I'm testing things, so automatically setting a DSP for a playlist isn't an option.)
3. Playback modes: Play Once (Track), Play Once (Album), Repeat (Album)
4. Random Track button for currently viewed playlist. Normally when you click the Random Track button, it will play a random track from the currently active playlist rather than the one being viewed, if it is different. If there were a context menu item (right click on a song) for play random track, that could be made into a button for playing a random track on the currently viewed playlist. (There's already a context menu Play button that works in this way). I also want to make it clear that I appreciate the way the normal Play and Random Track buttons currently function, and I would not want this functionality replaced, just expanded upon.
5. This last one is very minor for me, but my dropdown for playback devices has 39 entries. It would be nice to be able to hide ones that I will never use.

I wish I knew how to make plugins for Foobar2000 so I could do these things myself, but my coding knowledge is limited to small title formatting syntax. Are there any resources I could use to get started, or is it basically hopeless to do these things without years of coding experience?

Reply #318
3: stop after album
Nice! Is there any way to make specific ones appear in the standard playback mode dropdown?

**Edit** Never mind. This is not what I'm looking for. Instead of adding actual playback modes, it just uses "Stop After Current" in different ways.

Reply #319
Simple suggestion for Foobar:
Add the following keyboard shortcut by default:
Space - Play/Pause

Reply #320
It just takes about 10 sec to set that up in preferences - keyboard shorcuts. Why would it even need to be default? Not all users use space bar for play/pause.

Reply #321
It just takes about 10 sec to set that up in preferences - keyboard shorcuts. Why would it even need to be default? Not all users use space bar for play/pause.

Exacty.
Some people are too lazy nowadays.
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #322
Dolby Atmos Output (Windows Sonic) for more than 8 channel sources:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/coreaudio/spatial-sound

This would be via a hdmi connection from your computer to an Audio Video Receiver (or soundbar, etc. with Dolby Atmos decoder).

I'm not asking for dynamic object support, just channels with pre-assigned speaker locations.

Support in ASIO channel mapping for "ground" or "bottom" speakers, as in speakers below the horizontal. such as 7.1.4.4

It looks like microsoft calls them:

BottomFrontLeft,
  BottomFrontRight,
  BottomBackLeft,
  BottomBackRight

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/spatialaudioclient/ne-spatialaudioclient-audioobjecttype

Reply #323
an undo feature for layout editing, please
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #324
Is there a way to make Foobar2000 volume reset to a specific level (like, say, -0dB) every time it's closed and reopened? If not, that would be a useful feature for me.