Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Transfer statistics to new last.fm account (Read 9040 times) previous topic - next topic

Transfer statistics to new last.fm account

Hi, I've got some problems with last.fm and I have to create a new account there. There's no data transfer between accounts, so I will have to find my own solution to bring my charts back. I'm thinking about leaving foobar playing tracks for a couple of days, and in order to have exactly the same charts the ability to stop playback when certain amount of playcounts reached would be great. Is there any way to do that? Smth like "if play_count = 40 then stop" 

Reply #1
the simplest solution: in blank playlist add your song 40 times ;-)

Reply #2
create an autoplaylist that only lists the tracks that are played less than for exapmle 40times
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0

Reply #3
the simplest solution: in blank playlist add your song 40 times ;-)

Not a bad option lol.
Do you know a way not to add it manually 40 times?

create an autoplaylist that only lists the tracks that are played less than for exapmle 40times

That's not quite what I want.

Reply #4
nikolai4ik: callisto has much better solution. With that autoplaylist and playback mode set to repeat playlist, it will do (exactly) what you want.

edit: you might also want to set something like %artist% IS some_artist AND %title% IS some_title

Reply #5
nikolai4ik: callisto has much better solution. With that autoplaylist and playback mode set to repeat playlist, it will do (exactly) what you want.

edit: you might also want to set something like %artist% IS some_artist AND %title% IS some_title

he doesn't because I don't need a playlist of tracks with less than 40 playcounts 
No matter how much playcounts the track has, I want it to leave it playing for a whole night and it should stop automatically when x amount of playcounts is reached 

Reply #6
That's why it would be an Autoplaylist. Once the playcount hits 40, it gets automatically removed from the playlist, and wouldn't play any more.

Reply #7
I think I encountered a problem of my way... if there's a track that has already a playcount, let's say 10 it only gets played 30times.
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0

Reply #8
DocBeard: that's what I was trying to explain him  Thanks!

nikolai4ik: I just tried it and it works flawlessly.

Reply #9
So what you want is something that plays some or all of your tracks 40 *more* times than before? That'll take a little more doing, but it's possible, though you'll need to pull together the tracks you want to do this to beforehand. (This assumes you're using a music file format that supports custom tags, though.)

Start by setting a tag in each file called something like ADDPLAY. Use 'Format From Other Fields' with $add(%play_count%,40) to populate this tag. Then create an autoplaylist with the criteria: NOT addplay MISSING AND %play_count% LESS addplay. (You might not need the first half of this query, but just to be safe.) This ought to create an autoplaylist that will remove stuff after it's been played 40 more times than when you started. Once they've all been played, remove the ADDPLAY tag if you like.

I'm assuming that last.fm requires files to be physically played multiple times to up their playcounts, rather than just editing tags somewhere, yeah?

Reply #10
DocBeard: latest version of their submission protocol submits track info when the playback hits the end of song. When songs starts submits "now listening" info, which doesn't count to statistics, serves only as information…