Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Looking for portable USB DVD burner (Read 3157 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for portable USB DVD burner

I am looking for a small portable DVD burner that shouldn't need a PSU. Writing speeds are not that important to me as I understand that all PSU-less drives use notebook units. A nice plus would be LightScribe support as I don't have a CD label printer around me on the go.

So far, I found the LG GP-08LU10 and the Samsung SE-T084M Slim. What do you think is the better one when it comes to burn quality? My parents' notebook has an LG burner and I was always happy with the quality of the burns. My PC has a Samsung unit that also never had problems.

If you can recommend any other drive, feel free to do so.

Thanks.

Looking for portable USB DVD burner

Reply #1
I am looking for a small portable DVD burner that shouldn't need a PSU. Writing speeds are not that important to me as I understand that all PSU-less drives use notebook units. A nice plus would be LightScribe support as I don't have a CD label printer around me on the go.

So far, I found the LG GP-08LU10 and the Samsung SE-T084M Slim. What do you think is the better one when it comes to burn quality? My parents' notebook has an LG burner and I was always happy with the quality of the burns. My PC has a Samsung unit that also never had problems.

If you can recommend any other drive, feel free to do so.

Thanks.

Do these drives really burn discs without a power supply?

I know that I used a Freecom drive and it worked well. But it was not a burner. Here is their current model.