Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FHG aac encoder or FDK aac encoder (Read 4072 times) previous topic - next topic

FHG aac encoder or FDK aac encoder

Good evening,

it's possible with ExactAudioCopy encode cdda in .m4a with the Fhg aac encoder or fdk aac encoder?
if it's possible i wanna say the additional parameters.
thank you

Re: FHG aac encoder or FDK aac encoder

Reply #2
I want the commandline additiona parameters  ;)

Thanks

Reply #4
Help me >:(

Dont work.

Reply #5
Works fine here.
Let's see. The Readme.txt I linked suggests you copy all 4 of the required DLLs to the same directory as fhgaacenc.exe if you don't plan to keep WinAmp.
I did that.
It also suggests you install VC2008 runtime if you don't have it yet.
It is already on my system.
I used the General Configuration for Encode AAC from the EAC and QAAC page in the Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase.
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=EAC_and_QAAC#General_Configuration_for_Encode_AAC
but using the path to the fhgaacenc.exe (which has all the DLLs in the same folder)
and the Additional command line options I gave you instead of the ones listed.
Ignore the high/low quality stuff.
korth

Reply #6
Thank you very much korth, But i did the same thing by myself and now work perfectly. Thanks again

Reply #7
But to get the tags, what should I add?

Reply #8
The Readme.txt I linked doesn't show options for tags and EAC doesn't natively support tags for mp4/m4a.
You could tag after using mp3tag

Or you could add another program to the compression options to do the tagging
I tried AtomicParsley
You would need to change the compression program to
Code: [Select]
c:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
and the Additional command line options to something like
/c \path\to\fhgaacenc.exe --vbr 4 --ignorelength --quiet %source% %dest% && \path\to\AtomicParsley.exe %dest% --overWrite --artist "%artist%" --title "%title%" --album "%albumtitle%" --year "%year%" --genre "%genre%" --comment "%comment%" --tracknum %tracknr% %hascover%--artwork "%coverfile%"%hascover%

You'll need to fill in the correct info for \path\to for your system
for testing I used
/c c:\fhgaacenc\fhgaacenc.exe --vbr 4 --ignorelength --quiet %source% %dest% && c:\AtomicParsley\AtomicParsley.exe %dest% --overWrite --artist "%artist%" --title "%title%" --album "%albumtitle%" --year "%year%" --genre "%genre%" --comment "%comment%" --tracknum %tracknr% %hascover%--artwork "%coverfile%"%hascover%
If there are any spaces, you'll need to add "" - "c:\fhgaacenc\fhgaacenc.exe"
korth