Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WMPTSE (Read 311985 times) previous topic - next topic

WMPTSE

Reply #75
nope sorry, got it wrong still doesn't work

i can't actually add flacs to the library, only play them

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\piPOol\WMPTSE\FLAC]
"flac"="C:\\Nick\\General\\Computer\\Tag extender\\FLACTagSupport.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\MLS\Extensions]
"ogv"="video"
"oga"="audio"
"spx"="audio"
"flac"="audio"
"ofr"="audio"
"wv"="audio"
"ape"="audio"
"mpc"="audio"
"ogg"="audio"

is that what you wanted?

WMPTSE

Reply #76
yes it was.

Could you please verify that you have a

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\Extensions\.flac]

key and post the registry entries & values....

If you have it, you should have a "Extension.MIME" mime entries, which should mimic the name of a "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\MIME Types" registry key.

Then could you please post the entries & values inside this "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\MIME Types\audio/flac" or maybe "x-audio/flac" or so on...

Thanks

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #77
Different user, similar problem: I can add .flac files to the WMP library but can't read the tags. I have a key named "audio/x-flac". Using oggcodecs if that matters.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\MLS\Extensions]
"ogg"="audio"
"ogv"="video"
"oga"="audio"
"spx"="audio"
"flac"="audio"

"Extension.MIME"="audio/x-flac"
"AlreadyRegistered"="yes"
"MediaType.Description"="FLAC Audio"
"Permissions"=dword:0000000f
"Runtime"=dword:00000007
"PerceivedType"="audio"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\MIME Types\audio/x-flac]
@="FLAC Audio File"
"Extension.Key"=".flac"

Your extension works very well reading tags on  .ogg files, though. It certainly makes WMP a little more usable. Thanks for your effort on this!

WMPTSE

Reply #78
heres the first one:

"MediaType.Icon"="quartz.dll,-203"
"Shell.AltVerb.Cmd"="/prefetch:6 /Play \"%L\""
"ReplaceApps"="mplayer2.exe|amovie.ocx"
"SuperiorApps"="wmplayer.exe"
"Extension.MIME"="audio/x-flac"
"Runtime"=dword:00000007
"Shell.Open"="/prefetch:6 /Open \"%L\""
"MediaType.Description"="FLAC Audio"
"PerceivedType"="audio"
"Permissions"=dword:0000000f
"UserApprovedOwning"="yes"

audio/x-flac

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\MIME Types\audio/x-flac]
@="FLAC Audio File"
"Extension.Key"=".flac"

audio/flac

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\MIME Types\audio/flac]
"Extensions.CommaSep"="flac"
"Extension.Key"=".flac"
@="Free Lossless Audio Codec Format Sound"
"Extensions.SpaceSep"=".flac"

WMPTSE

Reply #79
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
! 0.9.8 & 0.9.9 user should upgrade !
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just released 0.9.9.1 with the correct FLACTagSupport.dll in it.

You can uninstall 0.9.9.0 / install 0.9.9.1,
OR, for the bravest one, directly download FLACTagSupport.0.9.9.1.dll in "wmptagext debug", rename it in FLACTagSupport.dll and replace the old one in your installation folder

If after that you continue to endure problems with it, you could consider reading the rest of my post !!!

First, as advise by Microsoft (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wmplay10/mmp_sdk/specifyingmedialibraryclassification.asp) you may try to install the Windows Media Player hotfix 823275.

windowshade > As you describe it IT IS a different problem.

If i read correctly, you CAN add flac files into the library, but my plug-in doesn't seem to work on it...
I must ask if you had activate the "auto refresh on add" option or "auto refresh on start" option into my plug in. If you didn't and doesn't want (for cpu consumption reason maybe) you could activate my plug-in by browsing your library. The "song list" view of "Library" must be refresh with the metatag each time it displays a new file (you should be able to scroll "All Music" for example....)

If it doesn't resolve your problem, could you please post the first registry entry i asked from Greenbeast (HKLM\Software\piPOol\WMPTSE\ )

For Greenbeast, you should try to modify [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\MIME Types\audio/x-flac] to look as audio/flac, like this :

@="FLAC Audio File"
"Extension.Key"=".flac"
"Extensions.SpaceSep"=".flac"
"Extensions.CommaSep"="flac"

!Beware, if you are not an administrator of your machine, you should modify [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\]...

I am sorry this is undocumented registry settings and a bit tricky to play with...

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #80
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I MADE A BUILD MISTAKE..............
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0.9.8 & 0.9.9 installation files may contain bad version of FLACTagSupport.dll which need a libflac dependency.

I am deeply sorry, i will release a 0.9.9.1 with the correct dll in it as soon as possible.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=357887"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ah, yes. Tried build 0.9.7.1-debug & it works fine. Thanks again.

WMPTSE

Reply #81
That's an user !!!!

Even before i released the msi package...

Thank you for the support

It should work now...

An ogg user report to me that with aotuvb4 ripping my plug-in is unable to read vorbis tagged file...Has anyone else got the same problem ?

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #82
thanks for your help!

now working fine

WMPTSE

Reply #83
Hello,

I've done a WMP plug in to support APE Tag (right now !) & other (ID3 in v1.0) inside Media Library.

http://wmptagext.sourceforge.net/

Welcome to the joy of viewing, editing your MPC, OGG, Flac & more files with WMP.

Give feedback about it & comments.

MaB_fr
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=338336"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

So this is from the other thread. You asked that I install the newest version. I have installed WMPTagSupportExtender.0.9.8  I have reinstalled this 2x now (with reboot) and still get the same results. I have flac112a installed as well as the CoreFlac package. Which installs only a .ax file within system32 folder. In WMP|pugin settings|WMPTagSupportExtender the options do not mention flac. Only the APE tags and OGG tags. When trying to add support and pointing to the .dll within the WMPTagSupport directory it gives an error message stating this is not supported. I have done this with a clean install of MCE2005. I do not get any flac files listed unless I have WMP open *.* files (all). It doesn't see them as a supported audio type. I used to use WinAmp to play all these files and everything was fine. But WMP doesn't seem to like them. They were all encoded with flac112a and apparently have tags written to them. They only show up in the 'Unknown" album folder for both MCE and WMP. I can create playlists to use the files, but nothing recognizes the flac except as "unknown"...

edit: Just re-read this forum and had to update this post since I wrote this from a different section in the hydrogenaudio forums. So .9.8 and .9.9 have build issues with FLAC tags? Makes sense, since neither are working and I am running an even newer version of WMP10 than the one mentioned here yesterday. Unfortunately, the sourceforge.net site is down for me right now, so I will have to try and download the newest build when it comes back up>  Hopefully this will work for me since I want to get MCE working with all my media files and have been meeting obstacles every step of the way. I will keep everyone posted, thanks again!

WMPTSE

Reply #84
I am curious about tag support. Are tags created in flac1.1.2a supported? If so, then I still have no luck with the latest wmptse release 0.9.9.1

I am doing a complete reinstall as I write this. Anything I should do before installing the wmptse package?
I will reinstall the MCE system, add my MB drivers and card drivers (audio/network/video/tvTuner), update Windows MCE2005 to rollup2 as well as all other available updates from Microsoft. Now, what I need to know is this: Should I set up WMP to handle flac and stuff BEFORE I setup MCE2005? Or does it matter? I am used to most things running the way they should right from the start but occasionally, a particular install order is necessary to achieve a clean setup. Not sure what that is for MCE2005.

WMPTSE

Reply #85
I'm not documented on that....

There's no reason why you couldn't do both.

My plug-in only add tag support in WMP.
The fact is that MCE uses WMP Media Library to manage audio and video files.

So, in other terms, MCE support is a "side effect" of my plug-in.

I think that an important number of user of WMPTSE would appreciate that you report any succes on this. (some have done it before without problems but give no report...so it is a bit unclear for everyone....)

I use flac library 1.1.2 (from source) for FLAC Tag support, it then should work for any file ripped with it !

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #86
I am almost done reinstalling now. thanks for the response. I will see what happens. All I know is that even though I could play flac within WMP, it wouldn't open the way you would expect, ie by the dropdown list "all known media" instead I would have to choose *.* all files so we will see. We will see.

WMPTSE

Reply #87
So i get everything installed and I install CoreFlacDecoder0.4 and WMPTagExtension9.9.1 and WMP just keeps crashing on me. When I bring it back up it says the plugin had a problem and closes it. I did a restore to before I installed these programs and then reinstall but use oggcodecs_0.69.8924.exe instead of the CoreFLACdecoder and get the same results. Not sure what is going on here, but I don't have flac files listing in the dropdown menu still, they will only open by choosing *.*(all files) in WMP. When trying to add music to the library it causes an error as well (memory address error) and closes out.  This is coming off of a "fresh" install of windows.

Any suggestions? Files play, but no library function nor file extension recognition without opting for open all files, which should be supported media types instead.

edit: installed 0.9.6 and used the 0.9.7-debug dll it recognized "some" of my flac audio and added it to the library, and not as 'unknown'. Not all the music from the albums was listed, but it is a start. WMP still crashed running this. Not sure what is up...

WMPTSE

Reply #88
yeah i can't view them as 'media files' either
i have to use the drop down box to choose 'all files' when opening

anyway to get them viewed by windows as media files?

WMPTSE

Reply #89
yeah i can't view them as 'media files' either
i have to use the drop down box to choose 'all files' when opening

anyway to get them viewed by windows as media files?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358260"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is a different kind of story....

To get the extension in the "Add Files..." type menu, you must edit those registry key :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\Descriptions
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\MUIDescriptions
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\Types

And add a "last number" + 1 entry for every filetype you want to add (that's why it is not added by the WMPTSE install, cause i needed to develop my own install executable to permit this)

For example, on my PC, the last entry was :
"9" = "*.dvr-ms"

If i wanted to add lpcm support in the "Add Files..." box, i must add :
in [Description] : "10" = "Linear Pulse Code Modulation"
in [MUIDescription] : "10" = "LPCM File"
in [Types] : "10" = "*.lpcm"

In a normal documented world, this kind of thing should be handled by the codec installation. But as this is partially undocumented, it isn't.

I've decided to try to port the WMPTSE installation to NSIS (the winamp install system) and manage this "file extension" support myself (hope to include it in 1.0)

For the crash, there must be a bug somewhere, could please be more specific in describing it....

Could you give the registry entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\piPOol\WMPTSE
& if you installed 0.9.7 debug you should have a WMPTSE.log in your WMP directory, could you post it.

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #90
First of all: Thanks MaB for all the hard work.  Even though it isn't working 100% for me, I do appreciate the effort you are making in this 

Update: I have reinstalled MCE2005 and set everything back up. I am using the latest wmptse version 0.9.9.1...

WMP still crashes when trying to play/view library/add files while the plugin is enabled. What is interesting is, even with the plugin not checked, flac is able to be played in MCE without issue. One entire directory of FLAC audio files was added without issue. These happen to be the first flac files I encoded as such. Not sure what the difference is iin the tags being used between flac111 and 112a. All other flac gets added to the 'Unknown' album. But, again, I am getting no crash and things seem to be running despite the plugin being disabled in WMP.

The crash within WMP is a memory leak I think since the info it sends during the crash reporting contains nothing but memory address locations. This happens on both a Celeron D and P4 3.0gHz/HT processors systems of mine. I know this because I renistalled MCE on the Celeron yesterday and got the errors and after things not working right, I swapped processors for my HyperThreading 3.0 Intel and, after reinstalling everything, got the same errors. I am using .net 1.1 with the latest updates. This performed the same with .net 2.0 installed as well.

So there is obviously a memory leak inthe program, but only affecting WMP outside of MCE2005. Maybe there is something different in systems running MCE2005?

The big question is now: What program(s) are people successfully using to rip and encode cd's to FLAC? Is there a re-Tagging program anyone can point out that will let me re-tag the rest of my collection? If I am able to successfully re-tag things it might help with understanding where WMPTSE fails for some of us. Maybe this is all MCE2005 Specific???

I will try to describe the exact error message i get when WMP crashes, it might be a bit before I can do that since I have a rather busy schedule today. But I will get the memory references and stuff posted here soon.

WMPTSE

Reply #91
Hey MaB - i noticed something strange happening yesterday when i was trying to edit the genre tags in wmp. i found that when you add new genres (seperating them with a ; ), the previous value is still kept and the change just appended on the end of the genre tag. do you know what's causing this?

great work with the plugin btw 

WMPTSE

Reply #92
Can't get it to reproduce an actual physical error message anymore, except fot it asking to close the plugin after it crashes from doing the above actions... then you close everything  out, reopen and then it does the same thing... ?

WMPTSE

Reply #93
Hey MaB - i noticed something strange happening yesterday when i was trying to edit the genre tags in wmp. i found that when you add new genres (seperating them with a ; ), the previous value is still kept and the change just appended on the end of the genre tag. do you know what's causing this?

great work with the plugin btw 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358449"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, there's a difference between each tag handling of multi tagging and WMP way.
I'm working on a solution for this but i'm not very satisfied by it...

jacktwist > i will release a debug version, could you please install it when it 's available ?
Simply unrar all the files on your WMPTSE installation folder, and launch it....if you get Visual Studio, you get bonus by accepting to launch the debugger when the message shows

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #94
Thanks MaB_fr!!! I will certainly install a debug version. Right now everything keeps crashing  I have tried many things to reproduce errors, but I haven't found a pattern yet. I actually used to do regression testing for a company dealing with (V)HDL. I will install Visual Studio on my MCE machine to see about real feedback on this

WMPTSE

Reply #95
Thanks MaB_fr!!! I will certainly install a debug version. Right now everything keeps crashing  I have tried many things to reproduce errors, but I haven't found a pattern yet. I actually used to do regression testing for a company dealing with (V)HDL. I will install Visual Studio on my MCE machine to see about real feedback on this
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358586"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's great, thanks, i can even release the source if you need it...

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #96
So, which flavour of visual studio? Visual basic, visual c#, C++, j+? I think you are using Visual C++ since it supports the .net framework ?

Let me know when you get the debug version so I can install the appropriate package with it 

WMPTSE

Reply #97
So, which flavour of visual studio? Visual basic, visual c#, C++, j+? I think you are using Visual C++ since it supports the .net framework ?

Let me know when you get the debug version so I can install the appropriate package with it 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358598"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

WMPTSE is a C++ application.

In fact, it is divided in the main dll (WMPTagSupportExtender.dll) and the different Tag support dll (APETagSupport, FLACTagSupport, etc...) There's an API used by the main dll to call the tag support dll appropriatelly.

Only the main DLL is C++ified.
The tag support dll are ANSI C and depends only on some windows dll.

There's no link to .NET in WMPTSE.

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #98
Not sure what is happening here but it is certainly baffling. I am 'now' able to view tags, albeit I am unable to edit them in WMP, for my flac collection. These tags are mostly, but not all of them, showing inMCE2005 as well. What is interesting is I can view and play them some of the time. Most of the time when opening flac audio MCE2k5 barfs and loses sync with WMP causing me to have to restart MCE. I also have to open WMP beforehand and re-enable WMPTSE, close it out and re-open and close again, before I can play these files in MCE2k5 again. Just thought I would share this...

WMPTSE

Reply #99
Not sure what is happening here but it is certainly baffling. I am 'now' able to view tags, albeit I am unable to edit them in WMP, for my flac collection. These tags are mostly, but not all of them, showing inMCE2005 as well. What is interesting is I can view and play them some of the time. Most of the time when opening flac audio MCE2k5 barfs and loses sync with WMP causing me to have to restart MCE. I also have to open WMP beforehand and re-enable WMPTSE, close it out and re-open and close again, before I can play these files in MCE2k5 again. Just thought I would share this...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358781"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Wow, strange behaviour...

You may know that the playing of FLAC files is handle by the CODEC (not by my plug in !). You should report any strange playing behaviour to the codec developpement team (but be sure to get the problem right beforehand).

For the editing of tags, there's no reason why you couldn't write/modify tags if you can read them (the only exception to this is the OGG support, which is read only, for "support politics" reasons).

The way you describe it, there's room to improvement under MCE2005.

MaB_fr