Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Plug-in to route output back into mic? (Read 5327 times) previous topic - next topic

Plug-in to route output back into mic?

Is there a plug-in that allows me to route my primary output to go back in to the microphone?

My issue is this, I have a win vista 64bit machine with no mic (or access to mic). I am trying to use this program called Tunatic that detects input from the mic channel.

I tried an application  called "Virtual Audio Cable" and although I eventually installed it correctly (getting around the Digital Signed Driver issue with Ready Drive Plus) and having it display as a second sound card, I still couldn't see it as an output device when using Foobar2000 (or media monkey, or windows media player, or vlc media player...) so I'm stuck.

I think somewhere in there my thoughts got really complex and now I have probably over complicated what is a simple problem.

So, how can I re-route my primary stereo output back into my microphone channel, without the use of any additional hardware (sound card, cables, microphone etc...)?

Plug-in to route output back into mic?

Reply #1
My issue is this, I have a win vista 64bit machine with no mic (or access to mic). I am trying to use this program called Tunatic that detects input from the mic channel.

I use Tunatic with Wave Out Mix on the Recording Control of my Soundcard on one machine. Some soundcards have this feature, but not all. It's analogue, but fine for Tunatic's purposes. If you have that sort of option it will make your life simple)
Dynamic – the artist formerly known as DickD