Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #9, TOS #5] From: Audition 4? (Read 2529 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #9, TOS #5] From: Audition 4?

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but it seems that since today, Adobe is offering the "old" Audition 3.0 for free as part of the CS2 download:

[removed]

In my opinion, Audition still is the best audio editor on the planet - at least for single-file editing (i.e. Edit view in Audition) - especially when it comes to accurate waveform/spectrogram display and filtering.

It seems, though, that at the moment the download server is down  But you can find a direct link to the Audition binary in the discussion below the article.

Chris

P.S.: Sorry, Mac users, but Audition 3 is only available for Windows.
If I don't reply to your reply, it means I agree with you.

Reply #1
In my opinion, Audition still is the best audio editor on the planet - at least for single-file editing (i.e. Edit view in Audition) - especially when it comes to accurate waveform/spectrogram display and filtering.

Absolutely, specially this version 3.

Reply #2
Sorry for bumping this old thread, but it seems that since today, Adobe is offering the "old" Audition 3.0 for free as part of the CS2 download:

[removed]

Reading the comments from what I believe is a Adobe representative, this isn't really what is supposed to be going on; only licensed folk are meant to be using it:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4974662

1:49pm entry today:
"You are only legally entitled to download and install with that serial number if you have a valid license to the product!

- Dov"

Reply #3
You are illegal, a thief, if you don't have a valid license but apparently it isn't hard to do. My impression is this exists because they had to discontinue their activation server for the products on that download page because of some illegal hack.

The downloads, with new serial numbers, exist because this is the now only way for legal customers to move their program to a new computer, or re-install after a disk failure.

Reply #4
Reading the comments from what I believe is a Adobe representative, this isn't really what is supposed to be going on; only licensed folk are meant to be using it:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4974662

1:49pm entry today:
"You are only legally entitled to download and install with that serial number if you have a valid license to the product! ..."

Thanks for the clarification! Sounded too good to be true, anyway. 

Chris
If I don't reply to your reply, it means I agree with you.

Reply #5
Stumbled across that by accident and to me it looks pretty valid if even Chip.de is promoting it as free.

Adobe 3.0 Full Version
[removed]
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!