Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TT dynamic rate meter installation problem (Read 1125 times) previous topic - next topic

TT dynamic rate meter installation problem

Hello. I have a problem with installing TT meter from DR database. I installed newest version of fb2000 and downloaded the component file from here: https://dr.loudness-war.info/. When i go to preferences>coponents and click "install" I do not see the TT meter dll file in foobar's file browser (like the file  was not recognized as the foobar component) so i cannot choose it for installation. Does the newest version not support this component? Also - i did a portable instalation - can this be a cause?

Thanks in advance for any help

Re: TT dynamic rate meter installation problem

Reply #1
No, it's nothing to do with having a portable Foobar.  That plugin shows up just fine here when I go to "Install".  Are you sure you're downloading the Foobar version (foo_dynamic_range_1.1.1.zip) and not the "offline" version (DR-Meter-1_4a.zip)?

Reply #3
Just as an aside, LUFS Integrated is a far better and widely accepted measure of perceived loudness, and is already built in to FB2K. No need to use an abandoned, buggy component, just use this string instead:

$if(%replaygain_track_gain%,$puts(l,$sub(-1800,$replace(%replaygain_track_gain%,.,)))$div($get(l),100).$right($get(l),2) dB,)

Reply #4
Hi I've been using

$if(%__replaygain_track_gain%,<$puts(temp,$num($sub($replace(%__replaygain_track_gain%,.,,+,),-19500),5))$ifgreater($get(temp),20000,<->,$puts(temp,$num($replace($sub($get(temp),20000),-,),5)))$num($substr($get(temp),2,3),1)<.$substr($get(temp),4,4)< lu)

any idea why they differ? also i noticed your values are in db and none of the three (your string, the above string and the DR rating seem to correlate

(the string is not mine, and I can't remember the thread it came from ATM)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #5
The first string shows how far the loudness is from zero, and the second string shows how far it is from the reference of -23 dB. I posted the second because someone asked for it "in LU", and they didn't like it because of too much color. Change the first number to -21800 and it will be relative to zero.

Of course loudness is not the same as dynamic range because it does not get compared to the maximum level.

A "component" is the zipped package, not the DLL. Don't extract it. Or if you do, install it by copying the DLL file manually.