Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: iriver Spinn tag support (Read 1116 times) previous topic - next topic

iriver Spinn tag support

I've been having trouble with my iriver Spinn, and google can't solve the question for me yet.

It seems to be very inconsistent in reading tags, and organizing the library. About 70% of the time, it will read tags properly and put them into logical groups (album, artist, etc.). The rest of the time, it shoves the song into the unknown category. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why - it will put whole albums here, or even just parts of a mostly recognized album. The ones it does detect are completely out of order, neither in alphabetical nor track numerical order. This is true of MP3, Flac, or Ogg, and the problem has spanned 3 firmware versions (currently 2.10). Connection type is MSC, and I am using foobar to copy them over.

The quick work around is to view by directory tree, rather than letting it build its database, but this gets old pretty quick if I want to listen to an arbitrarily ordered playlist. This also kills the on-the-go playlist feature.

Does anyone have a similar problem, or know of a solution?