Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: My PC's Sound Card Driver Got Missing (Read 1872 times) previous topic - next topic

My PC's Sound Card Driver Got Missing

Hello everyone. I am facing this strange issue since yesterday evening. All of a sudden, my PC sound card driver got missing. Can anyone tell me what could be the issue behind it? Kindly help me to solve the issue.

Re: My PC's Sound Card Driver Got Missing

Reply #1
Microsoft had patch Tuesday happen yesterday.
EZ CD Audio Converter / FLAC or WavPack

Reply #2
I did not understand what you were trying to say. Is there a chance that the issue could be resolved if I follow the solution number 6 from here, which is to perform a System Restore? Kindly tell me.

Reply #3
You can try a System Restore.   :)
EZ CD Audio Converter / FLAC or WavPack

Reply #4
How do you know the driver is missing?    Have you tried re-installing it?   It should still exist on your hard drive and as long as the Windows update doesn't make it incompatible it should still work.   Or, you can probably download a new driver from the soundcard/motherboard/PC manufacturer.

If you are not sure that's the problem, it might be a security update...   Microsoft sometimes tries to keep people from hacking-in and listening to your microphone. In that case you'll just have to find the microphone security setting.

Reply #5
If you don't want to do a System Restore.

You could use CPU-Z to find out motherboard you have, lookup your motherboard on the internet, than download the latest audio drivers from motherboard manufacturer, that's if you are using the on-board audio.
Do a clean install.

Reply #6
First, let us do the simple things.

* Press the Windows logo key and type "device manager".
* Start that thing. If it prompts you for password, type password.
* Look under Sound, video and game controllers - or whatever it is called nowadays. Does it show up? Is there some yellow warning sign or anything?
* If it isn't there: right-click and "Scan for hardware changes" will try to find it.

Reply #7
Data corruption causes it, do you remember making any significant changes to your computer prior to the issue? Someone said there was a recent update...did you install it? You can check in Device Manager, to see if there's a yellow exclamation mark next to your sound controller, indicating that there's something wrong with the drivers. You can also consider reverting your system back to how it was prior to the issue. Use System Restore for that. Just type System Restore into the search box, on the taskbar, click on System Restore, then follow the onscreen instructions to revert system changes.

Ultimately, you should be able to find your sound controller drivers online. Depending on how old your motherboard is, it should be on the motherboard website?

Reply #8
disable realtek in bios and try HDMI again