Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_shpeck (Read 726517 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #425
I'm experiencing a bug in Windows 7 x64 build 7057. I have a few tabs set up like in the last screenshot posted, and when I click from one tab to shpeck and click back to another tab before shpeck has fully loaded, foobar will hang up indefinitely.

Can anyone else reproduce this issue? I feel like my install of 7 is degrading, so I don't know if it's a problem with the OS environment or foobar.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #427
Known plugins embeddable in a panel are Milkdrop v1/v2, AVS and "Classic visualisation".
  For MilkDrops, "Integrate with Winamp" needs to be checked in their configuration.
  Embedded window toolbar buttons don't work for MilkDrop 1.
What does this mean? Does this work with Panel Stack Splitter? I don't know what to do. I can start Milkdrop 2 from foobar's option menu, but it doesn't show up in a Columns UI panel. Is it incompatible now? Option "Integrate with Winamp Skin" is checked by default.[/s]

Edit: Nevermind, it was a configuration fault by my PSS script.

Edit2: Awesome man! This is such a great component that I don't know what to say! Many many thanks!

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #428
I use Panel Stack Splitter to hide and show Shpeck panel. But Shpeck doesn't stop itself when I hide its panel. It will only start or stop automatically after resizing foobar2000 main window. The first-time start works properly.

I hope I could describe this problem well enough. Do you know how to solve it?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #429
I use Panel Stack Splitter to hide and show Shpeck panel. But Shpeck doesn't stop itself when I hide its panel. It will only start or stop automatically after resizing foobar2000 main window. The first-time start works properly.

I hope I could describe this problem well enough. Do you know how to solve it?

check this post : http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=641325

if Shpeck Hidden, there is an option to disable it ...

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #430
This option is checked, but it won't disable.
I use $showpanel(x,0) to hide panels.

Edit1: When I hide it and resize foobar200, it will stop. I think $showpanel(x,0) isn't enough to trigger Shpeck's I-Am-Hidden status.

Edit2: It even won't start again if its panel is shown after a stop. To start it, one has to resize foobar2000 main window.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #431
I really need some help. Still having the old problems, yet I managed to use the command View/Visualisations/Shpeck - Stop to stop Shpeck. But the opposite command View/Visualisations/Shpeck - Start 'MilkDrop 2.1 / MilkDrop 2.1' (besides: why two times "2.1"?) is not working with Panel Stack Splitter (I tried it with a Text Button). Now I'm not sure whether this is a PSS bug or a Shpeck bug (or both) or a MilkDrop issue.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #432
If somebody has the same problem in the future: I did the workaround of putting Shpeck into an ordinary Columns UI Tab Stack. That has the advantage that you can switch between 2 tabs, one of them with Shpeck inside. If you switch to the other tab, Shpeck is properly stopped. I called the tabs "On" and "Off", making the workaround a feature. Disadvantage is you have a Tab Stack Bar on top that isn't customizable in terms of placing and bar color.

So the answer seems to be after all: It's a Panel Stack Splitter bug.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #433
Bug: Preset rating in Milkdrop 2 is not saved. You can select a rating for the current preset, but if you load another preset and switch back again, the new rating is gone. Does anybode else have this problem?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #434
Since I reinstalled Vista and it now works, I have 2 explanations:
1. Windows 7 RC
2. Directory was C:\Program Files\Winamp, which could have been treated as read-only.

I use portable foobar2000 setup.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #435
Just FYI, foo_winamp_spam is the leading crash cause for foobar2000 v0.9.6.5 and all its versions are currently on a good way to get banned in the next version. I've PM'd the author (selyb) about the bug and its solution a week ago, but got no reply yet.
In case this won't be resolved, here are components offering similar functionality in advance:
foo_winamp_ipc (straightforward, but seems like it has quite limited command support),
foo_vis_shpeck (ignore everything vis. related and set only main window and playlist title formatting string)

Could you explain the solution using vis_shpeck? I tried it but it didn't work.

Moderation: Moved here from foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #436
Didn't work to accomplish what specifically with which software?

Should be straightforward, download foo_vis_shpeck.dll to the components folder as usual, (re)start foobar2000 and information about playing tracks, playlists items, playback control etc. should just work in other applications.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #437
Nevermind, I tried it again and now it works.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #438
great plugin! thanks!

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #439
I recently tried this plugin was rather impressed, particularly as it integrated perfectly with Default UI. I was wondering whether it would be possible to add support for sonique visuals with this plugin? I tried a sonique visual wrapper plugin for winamp but it creates a new window as opposed to integrating directly into the DUI.

Apparently Tuniac and bass_sfx have opensource examples of svp (sonique visuals) renderers. Perhaps someone would be willing to develop a separate plugin if this could not be incorporated into this plugin...

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #440
In MD2 settings, Artist tools tab, buttons for editing sprites and messages produce this error: error in ShellExecute

Here is formatting string for Now Playing Simple, that makes Sprite be the current album cover

[font= "Lucida Console"]'['img00']'$crlf()
img=$directory_path(%path%)\cover.jpg$crlf()
init_1 = blendmode = 2;$crlf()
code_1 = scale = 0.01*sqr'('time')' - 1/sqr'('time')';$crlf()
code_2 = sx = abs'('scale')';$crlf()
code_3 = sy = abs'('scale')';$crlf()
code_4 = burn=above'('time,9')';$crlf()
code_5 = done=above'('time,10')';$crlf()
'['img01']'$crlf()
img=$directory_path(%path%)\cover.jpg$crlf()
init_1 = blendmode = 3;$crlf()
code_1 = burn=above'('time,9')';$crlf()
code_2 = done=above'('time,10')';
[/font]

Filename should be "(plugin dir)\milk2_img.ini", encoding UTF-8 (without BOM header)

Sprites can be evoked after pressing 'K' in MD2 and then '00' for the first one (in-out album cover) or '01' (still cover image). Number keys below Function keys - not on keypad

Too bad masseges can't accept multiline strings, so quite useless for now

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #441
In MD2 settings, Artist tools tab, buttons for editing sprites and messages produce this error: error in ShellExecute
Reproduced, Process Monitor revealed it tried to open missing ...\Winamp\Plugins\milk2_img.ini (or ...\milk2_msg.ini, respectively), opens Notepad when the files are there now.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #442
I have winamp folder (winamp/plugins) although I use foobar2000/plugins folder (and the file exist there of course), but the file (from winamp install) is located in %appdata%\winamp\plugins and it doesn't work even with winamp (at least my version 5.552 and MD 2.0e)
I don't know if it's possible to call plugins/milk2_img.ini from Shpeck but it seems trivial

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #443
Changelog:

• New: Presence of plugins DLLs is checked at startup and they are removed if missing (e.g. after transferring configuration to a different computer).

• Fixed: "Current directory" temporarily reset to foobar2000's application directory when loading plugins to avoid unresolved DLL dependencies.

Are this changes rolled back for some reason?
I've noticed the same problem:
When I use VST bridge and change the VST plugin, "current directory" is changed to the one where the VST plugin resides, and Shpeck looks there for "plugins\milkdrop2\data\include.fx" and drops this error "Plugin's initialization procedure failed."
Refreshing doesn't help but foobar restart then refresh
I know that VST component is problematic but maybe Shpeck can save the path to the plugin folder just in case

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #444
The change was to temporarily change the directory during loading the plugin DLL, because the reported error dealt with unresolved DLL dependencies. The plugin's initialization procedure is called later, in another thread, and because "current directory" is per whole process, it seems stupid to change it there.

What's your "Winamp directory", something relative like "."?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #445
What's your "Winamp directory", something relative like "."?

You are right - "." is my directory and when I change that to apsolute path problem is solved. Thanks

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #446
OK. I didn't realize relative paths could create problems like this when passed to the plugins themselves, which expect absolute paths. I'll fix that in the next version.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #447
I installed the Windows 7 RC1 a few weeks back, and I'm still having the problem I described at the top of this page.

... I have a few tabs set up like in the last screenshot posted, and when I click from one tab to shpeck and click back to another tab before shpeck has fully loaded, foobar will hang up indefinitely...

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #448
Hi,

I'd like to know what's the difference between foo_vis_shpeck's playlist entry and foo_winamp_spam? I ask this for the problem of Foxytunes title displaying problem.

I'm using Windows XP(English version), FB2K v0.9.6.8 and latest Foxytunes. All songs are tagged in UTF-8 encoding. Using the Foxytunes directly with FB2K doesn't work very well. Since it uses FB2K's window title, I found that Foxytunes fails to display multibyte characters correctly. Moreover, once FB2K minimizes to the system tray, Foxytunes title freezes due to the disappearance of FB2K window.

Finally I had found the solution, which was foo_winamp_spam. It works perfectly with the old version of FB2K v0.9.6.3. All unicode characters can be displayed on Firefox's Foxytunes interface.

But now, FB2K v0.9.6.8, has blacklisted foo_winamp_spam and I have to find a new solution besides waiting for the update of foo_winamp_spam.

foo_vis_shpeck's playlist entry works similarly with the Foxytune. Foxytune can control the fake winamp and retrieve the title, even the FB2K is minimized to system tray. But it has the same title display problem, all non-English characters turn into ?. That's why I'm curious about the difference of implementation between foo_vis_shpeck and foo_winamp_spam.

Thanks in advance.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #449
Firstly, this is fabulous work and I'm very grateful to have it.

I only have one question though: Regardless of what I set the frame limiter to in Milkdrop 2.x, I only get ~60fps. I would like to increase this if possible. Is there a way? I found talk on google about a visualizer FPS setting within foobar, but upon asking in #foobar2000 I was informed that the central setting was removed and this is now up to each plugin author. Is there a place to change the max fps setting for vis_shpeck? If not, is there a chance that one could one be added?

Thank you!

[edit]Whoops, apparently this is a Milkdrop 2.x issue and not a vis_shpeck issue. I can run Milkdrop 1.04b at ~1000 fps. Sorry for wasting your time.