Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: site error: ISP blocked? (Read 2798 times) previous topic - next topic

site error: ISP blocked?

Most of the time I try to access this site, I get the following error message. The only way for me to reliably access the site is to use a public proxy. Is traffic from my ISP (Bell Sympatico in Canada) blocked for some reason?

Sorry, an error occured. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, you are not permitted to use this board

Reply #1
Yes it is.
An infamous troll was using that ISP and the ISP has been banned since.

Reply #2
What's the sense in blocking an entire ISP for the actions of one moron? The moron could do the same thing the OP did and work around it. Isn't this only punishung innocent people?

Reply #3
Yeah, I personally don't see the sense of it. I guess the thinking is that the inconvenienced ISP's users will complain to the ISP and something will be done about the offender. However, I know from personal experience that complaining to Sympatico is an utter waste of time. Easier to just tell privoxy to forward all HA requests to another proxy. Oh well...