Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Winamp 5.03! (Read 18057 times) previous topic - next topic

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #25
Don't forget the Pro version

http://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/winamp503_pro.exe

Ben

How come it let me download the Pro version with that link?  Don't you have to pay for it?  Or will it prompt a registration code if one bothers to install it (I won't bother to install it as I'm not interested in Winamp anymore).

It was fine for me, although I just tried the link and got a 404

Ben

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #26
Don't forget the Pro version

http://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/winamp503_pro.exe

Ben

How come it let me download the Pro version with that link?  Don't you have to pay for it?  Or will it prompt a registration code if one bothers to install it (I won't bother to install it as I'm not interested in Winamp anymore).

It was fine for me, although I just tried the link and got a 404 

the link did work, and work's fine here mow.

anyway, of course you still need a valid serial, and that should mean you have to pay nullsoft.
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #27
Nice to see WinAmp 5.03 out and now supporting M4A encoding by default (and no I no longer own M4A.COM)

Now that both RealPlayer 10 Gold and WinAmp have fairly good M4A encoding/playback support, hopefully M4A/MP4 audio (AAC LC) and soon hopefully HE AAC should start to be accepted by the masses...

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #28
Edited out wrong information!

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #29
Nice to see WinAmp 5.03 out and now supporting M4A encoding by default (and no I no longer own M4A.COM)

Now that both RealPlayer 10 Gold and WinAmp have fairly good M4A encoding/playback support, hopefully M4A/MP4 audio (AAC LC) and soon hopefully HE AAC should start to be accepted by the masses...

who owns m4a.com now?

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #30
who owns m4a.com now?

arrgh, let's drop this.
(btw, someone who puts up nice google apps on it).

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #31
Did they fix the AAC decoder?

Menno

pns? still crashware

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #32
pns? still crashware

Can you elaborate your comment?

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #33
The alternative MP3 plugin in_mpg123 supports ape tags as well. It can even replaygain your and hard limit your MP3 music.

Thanks for the info. I knew it supported replaygain, but I didn't know it had a limiter or supported APE tags!

Is there any replaygain capable plugin for MP4/AAC on Winamp? I installed the faad plugin, but it didn't seem to have any replaygain options?

rajas

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #34
Good for me... My preferred format is MPC so I get replaygain and AP 2.0 support... Hope they bring native support  for MPC, FLAC, etc.. some day...

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #35
the winamp 2 plugin on http://www.xs4all.nl/~walterln/replaygain/ will replay gain your music regardless of the format (even on winamp 5). it will store the values in its own database, but there is a quick way to create this database (see the docs).

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #36
Just a question.  What are the advantages of having a format natively supported as opposed to it being a plugin?  Or does 'natively supported' actually mean including the plugin with the official binary?  Personally, I prefer plugins since it allows you to update them without changing the main binary whereas if some XXX decoder natively built-in to Winamp was buggy, then I'd have download a newer version of the whole thing.

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #37
Just a question.  What are the advantages of having a format natively supported as opposed to it being a plugin?  Or does 'natively supported' actually mean including the plugin with the official binary?  Personally, I prefer plugins since it allows you to update them without changing the main binary whereas if some XXX decoder natively built-in to Winamp was buggy, then I'd have download a newer version of the whole thing.

I think it means that the plugins come bundled with the binary.

edit: such as the in_vorbis plugin
gentoo ~amd64 + layman | ncmpcpp/mpd | wavpack + vorbis + lame

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #38
Or he means that replaygain support should be integrated into every input plugin (as it applies aleady to in_mpc, in_mpg123 and in_vorbis.dll).

EDIT: Doh, you were faster with your edit 

EDIT: Something new for you to play with: go with the main window into the winshade mode (modern skin!!) -->right click the winshade-->Window Setting-->Docked Toolbar-->Dock/Undock Window by dragging

That is llama leet

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #39
hmm.. it makes you wonder what else got left out of the changelog...
winamp unlimited.com

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #40
Did they fix the AAC decoder?

Menno

Menno,

Did you ever test or get clarification from someone on this. I would be most interested to know if they fixed the AAC decoder in WinAmp also...

To answer amon, I believe slav!x was referring to PNS encoded M4A/MP4 audio files that cause WinAmp 5.0x to crash if attempted to be played. WinAmp will only play MPEG 2 compliant MP4/M4A files I believe, and none using any MPEG 4 Audio special extensions that are not supported in the MPEG 2 Audio spec.

To answer Sid59 about M4A.COM, you can find out more about my sale of that domain on the story at the page (in about the middle of the article):
http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/DomainSal...les03_16_04.htm

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #41
Why do u have to rip with Winamp in order to encode to aac with it?
It's annoying!

Is it so difficult for them to add aac to the diskwriter output formats?
Wanna buy a monkey?

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #42
damn
all my vp6x avi videos always are still upside down
since 5.0
0001 0110

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #43

I agree.  I'd much rather have to update my plugins than rather have the program natively support them.  Much easier to fix decoder bugs if they're not built in to Winamp.

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #44

I agree.  I'd much rather have to update my plugins than rather have the program natively support them.  Much easier to fix decoder bugs if they're not built in to Winamp.

I don't see the problem in_mp3 can be replaced easily enough.
gentoo ~amd64 + layman | ncmpcpp/mpd | wavpack + vorbis + lame

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #45
I don't see the problem in_mp3 can be replaced easily enough.

I didn't say there was a problem.  I'm just saying if there ever was.  I'm pretty sure Winamp would release a new version instead of just allowing a bugfixed codec dll to be released.

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #46
Updated first Post with this info from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=...40&pagenumber=2

Also, 5.03a is getting uploaded to the download servers now (same download filename as 5.03), the only difference is that it fixes the "Repeat" button bug with all the other freeform skins other than default.

To know which one you are installing, in the Installer's first page, if it says 3/26/2004, then it is 5.03a, if it's 3/24/2004, then it is 5.03 =)

Obviously the files are not uploaded yet.

Winamp 5.03!

Reply #47
Obviously the files are not uploaded yet.

FYI, they made their way to the servers by now.