Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burning a DVDA Disc (Read 3727 times) previous topic - next topic

Burning a DVDA Disc

All I can figure out is that something belongs in the AUDIO_TS folder of the DVD.

I've never seen a DVD-A disc in a shop, and I don't know of any software that creates it... and I'm not 100% sure if my DVD player plays them back.

But nonetheless, I hear they can hold CDA-spec LPCM (44.1Khz, 16bit, Stereo) sound, and it would be cool to get some multi-disc sets and stick them on a single DVD... maybe with a menu.

Anyone know anything about this? Could anyone point me in the direction of an online tutorial?

The closest I've ever gone is making an Mpeg file with a 1kbps black screen as a video track, as much as I could fit lots of audio on a DVD this way, it's a lot of effort and pretty unorthodox.

Burning a DVDA Disc

Reply #2
DiscWelder will burn DVD-A, for a few hundred dollars.

Guruboolez's guide will put audio on the DVD-V section (like your unorthodox method), not the DVD-A section.
"Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored."
—Aldous Huxley

Burning a DVDA Disc

Reply #3
Wow, much better than the $2500 the standard creating Meridien-audio.com offers for their custom pro suite!

Burning a DVDA Disc

Reply #4
Use Sonic DVD Audio Creator.

Allows you to create DVDA disks.

Cool thing is that you can use multi-channel WAV.

And the only prog I have managed to burn the img with is Gear Pro Mastering Edition.
Don't Blame Me, I Only Work Here!

Burning a DVDA Disc

Reply #5
Can anyone point me to a tutorial for creating DVD Audio standard discs with Sonic DVD Audio Creator. I bought a video production workstation as part of a buy out with a view to turning it into an audio DAW (because of the SCSI drives in the machine), and the Sonic app is on the hard disc but there was no manual with the package. On the other hand even if there was a manual they don't always help newbies anyway. I'm just looking for a guideline tutorial what to do / not to do. I can probably fill in the rest later. It looks easy to use if only I could work out the sequence of events.

tx

Charlie